May 15, 2021
Hello Dolphin Parents & Swimmers,
We are excited that our Pre-Season practices will begin on May 17th. However, we need your help to prepare your kids for what practice during a pandemic will look like. Please review the Swimmer Responsibilities below and make sure your child is prepared to adhere to them.
The Dolphins must abide by certain parameters required by local health authorities and the City in order to safely conduct practice, meets and to use the facility. Some of these restrictions may seem inconvenient or something that we may not WANT to do. However, the parameters set in place for practices are things that we all NEED to do to ensure the safety of our swimmers and their families, our coaches, and the community at large.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATING IN A TEAM ACTIVITY:
- Parents should help their swimmers assess how they are feeling each day. ON A DAILY BASIS, please do a home health check prior to bringing your swimmer to the pool.
- Any swimmer who is not feeling well or exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19 ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html ) may not participate.
- If a swimmer has any symptoms, parents must follow the “Return to Learn” guidance used by our schools in order to send a swimmer back to a team activity ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBdLkPppzWDRFQOHmetvRcwollDOageq/view).
- A swimmer who has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 may not participate.
- Parents must follow health authority requirements for isolation and quarantine if a swimmer becomes ill or has been in close contact with a positive case.
- If a swimmer has a confirmed positive COVID-19 test, parents must report it as soon as possible to the swimmer’s coach.
- A swimmer who has tested positive for COVID-19 must have a doctor’s note permitting them to return to practice.
- Coaches have discretion to send swimmers home if they appear sick.
RULES FOR EACH PRACTICE:
- Wash your hands before you leave home.
- Arrive at the pool in a swimsuit and towel wearing your cap, goggles, and a face mask.
- The locker rooms are NOT available for changing.
- Line up at the South Gate Entrance near the Arts Center with 6’ between each swimmer.
- Your coach will meet you and check you in. No parents are allowed in the pool area.
- Proceed to the lane assigned to you by your coach.
- Swimmers will be spaced in each lane at the direction of the coaches. LISTEN TO THE COACHES FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE TO GO.
- Bring fins (all swimmers) and paddles (ages 12+) that are labeled with the swimmer’s name. (The Dolphins will provide kickboards.)
- At the end of practice, your coach will release you. Gather your gear, put on your face mask, and exit through the large South doors. The locker rooms are NOT available for changing after practice.
- No gatherings after practice.
We will have a one warning policy for those swimmers choosing not to comply with the rules. If a swimmer fails to follow a coach’s instructions after being given a warning, he/she will be asked to sit out the remainder of the session.
Thank you for your cooperation! We are happy to have access to Memory Square and look forward to having some fun in the water.
Dolphins Swim Team Board