May 15, 2021
Kingport Aquatic Center Swimmers and Families,
Effective Tuesday May 18, the Kingsport Aquatic Center gate policy for our practices is being updated to reflect a reduction in Covid-19 restrictions. As renters, we are agreeing to his policy with the aim of making sure that kids are safe and supervised while in the facility. Please note: this policy is in place for safety reasons, not Covid restrictions. Important highlights:
- Swimmers are still expected to arrive 5 minutes before their scheduled practices, and enter the pool area as a group no earlier than 5 minutes prior to practice.
- Starting this Tuesday, swimmers may enter the Aquatic Center via the lobby, (then through the turnstile) and down the corridor 5 minutes prior to their scheduled practice time. 12-Under swimmers must have a parent guardian to supervise in the lobby during the 5 minute gate opening because the coaches will be on deck coaching.
- If a swimmer is late, they must do the following based on the swimmers age:
- 13-Over Swimmers: Check in at the front desk, explain lateness and that they are attending Barracuda Swim Club practice. No parent/guardian necessary.
- 12-Under Swimmers: Enter with a parent/guardian, have the parent/guardian check in at the front desk, then parent/guardian must enter the pool and bring the swimmer to the lanes where we are having practice.
This new procedure should make entry easier for our team, and we will be less dependent on a staff member being physically present to unlock the outdoor gate at our precise entry time. Please understand that this policy for all team goes into effect Tuesday, so for Monday's practices we will still need to come in through the outdoor gate. Wednesday May 19 is our first practice at the aquatic center with the new policy.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! See you soon!