April 1, 2021
54 days till the pool opens!
We have a lot of updates in this month’s newsletter, and we’re pretty excited about all of them. After last summer’s stripped-down season, we’ve been hoping to have a summer that looks more like 2019 or before, and as of now, we will. We will be offering much more than we did last summer, although for everybody’s health and safety’s sake, there will be changes made to how we offer each activity.
The following are subject to Public Health of Madison and Dane County’s and City of Madison orders :
- Swim/dive teams are
ON. Registration tentatively opens for returning families is
Monday, April 26. New families can register the following week
beginning Monday, May 3. Be sure to forward this to your friends
who want to join!
- Swim Groups will be limited to 50. We may have to move kids around like we did last summer especially with our 9 - 14 year olds. We'll keep you posted as people sign up and we see the numbers. We will do our best to stick with the times/age groups listed but please consider the practice schedule tentative for all age groups.
- Dive team will be limited to 20 kids.
- Dual Meets are ON.
- As of now, team socials and potlucks are OFF but as PHMDC orders change, so will we.
- Due to capacity limits and social distancing, the All City Swim & Dive Championship Meets will be decentralized this summer. Changes are forthcoming as the All-City Board finalizes their plans for the season. We will keep you updated as we learn more.
- What does this mean for Goodman? The traditional format for the AC Championship meets are pushed back one year. Goodman will host All City Dive 2022 and All City Swim 2023.
Team Apparel & Suit Fitting!
If you’re looking to make a splash (get it?) with some cool new Goodman clothing, head over to the Goodman store at Simply Swimming. We have our team fitting at Simply Swimming on Thursday, May 6. In order to minimize the number of people in the store, families will be asked to sign up for a time to head over to Simply Swimming. Watch for a Sign Up Genius to arrive in your in-box. We’ll arrange for pick-up at Goodman once the orders are ready.
That's it for this newsletter! We’ll get you more details later in the week once the website is updated and finalized. I'll pop in another email with more details about registration. Our dual meet schedule is posted on the website!
Bill & the Goodman Board