March 1, 2021
Happy Spring Goodman
Is that Spring in the air? Either way, the pool is scheduled to open in 90 days! Again, we do not have much information on how our summer season will look. As the everchanging Dane County’s COVID guidelines rollout, we are continuing to work with the city to provide a safe and fun summer swim program. Once we have more concrete information, we will pass it on.
1. March Board Meeting : Thursday, March 18 from 7-9pm via zoom. All are welcome and encouraged to join us. Please respond to this email and we'll forward you the link to our meeting. Our agenda for 3/18/21. If you wish to speak, we have a comments time set aside prior to the start of our meeting.
2. Summer Season 2021 : Things are looking very good in Dane County with more and more people getting vaccinated and the 7-day average continues on a downward trend. That said, we don't have much to report and will continue to hold off on registration. We anticipate registration opening up in May…maybe April.
3. All City Survey : The All City Board subcommittee put together a 1-minute survey to gauge interest in participating in swim and dive team, dual and championship meets. It is very important that Goodman voices are included in the survey. Please take a minute to fill out this quick survey. If you feel unsure about some of your answers, please add those comments and other details in the comment section at the bottom. This information will be invaluable for planning this summer - both to Goodman and the AC league.
4. All City Dive Co-chair : We are looking for a candidate who has an interest in supporting the team as the Co-Chair for the All-City Dive the Waves. At this time, we do not know if we will be hosting this summer or summer 2022. If you are interested please email us at [email protected].
5. Aquatic Job Postings : Past Goodman employees should have received an email from Ali Nicholson about returning to work this summer. If your child is 16yo, a trained lifeguard and is interested in working for the Goodman Pool, please direct them to the following positions. These applications are for new hires only. Past hires do not need re-apply unless applying for a new position. City website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/madisonwi
- Aquatic Supervisor
- Swim Instructor – if you wish to teach for us during the 2021 summer season, you still need to apply for this posting if you haven’t done so already.e
Optimistically looking forward to a more “normal” summer swim,
President, Friends of Goodman Waves