Hi Goodman Families -
We miss you! We hope you are all staying safe and being
warm. If you’re not a fan of winter, the good news is
that the pool is scheduled to open in 115 days!
We have a lot of news to share and hope that you'll read through
the entire email.
1. February Board Meeting : This Thursday,
Feb 18 from 7-9pm, we meet virtually via zoom. All are welcome and
encouraged to join us. Please respond to this email and we'll
forward you the link. Our agenda can be found here. If you wish to
speak, we have a comments time set aside prior to the start of our
2. All City
Dive Co-chair : We are looking for a candidate who
has an interest in supporting the team as the Co-Chair for the
All-City Dive the Waves. At this time, we do not know if we will be
hosting this summer or summer 2022. If you are interested please
email us at [email protected].
Search : Many hands make light work, so if any
of you are interested in helping on any committee, and/or if you
have special skills that you think we could use as we strive to
continuously improve our favorite summer place, we would love to
hear from you! To that end we have put together a brief survey that
we’d really appreciate your taking a look at and filling out.
Season 2021 : As you may imagine, we don't have much
to report at this time. We do know that we will be able to hold
swim and dive practice similar to last summer during June &
July. What we don't know quite yet are the details (number of kids,
number of practices, dual meets, etc). Depending on how quickly
vaccinations are rolled out and how Dane County’s COVID
guidelines change, we could have a better or best case scenario! We
hope to have a better idea in the March/April
The All City Board met
in mid-January and created a sub-committee to be in contact with
Public Health Madison Dane County (PHMDC) to discuss large group
gatherings/safety concerns and guidelines. This sub-committee will
be essential in advising the All City Board about possibly holding
swim and dive dual meets this summer. The Goodman board met at the
end of January and given the current circumstances decided to
hold off on most All City planning until March or April 2021.
Ridgewood is also holding off on planning All City Swim 2021 until
further notice. The next All City Board meeting is scheduled
for April 14.
Due to the uncertainty
over what the summer will look like, we will not open
swim/dive registration at this
We hope to have more
info in the coming months and will include a brief update the same
week we send a reminder for our board meetings. Please reach out to
me if you have any questions, and we’ll be back in touch in