May 26, 2021
We hope this email finds you and your families healthy, well and enjoying whatever sunshine we get!
The Wallkill Valley Swim Conference held their yearly meeting on Monday, May 24th with all the summer swim coaches.
Here is some additional information we have learned so far...
- The Sharks will compete in 6 LIVE dual meets this summer. Schedules will be announced soon!
- The annual Swim A Long will take place but look a little different this year. One swimmer for each team will be nominated to participate and represent our team.
- There will be NO invitational.
- We are having Championships. Information will be available soon.
As far as our team goes, here is some new info...
- Our season is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, June 23rd and run until Sunday, August 1st.
- This year, we are welcoming Andrea Carlson and Barbara Hunton as our Co-Coaches!! We are so excited to have them lead our team!
- All practices and home meets will be held at the newly renovated Newton Pool!
- Practices will be held Monday to Friday from 7:45am to 9:45am. Our 7:45am time is for our swimmers aged 11 to 18. Our 8:45am time is for our swimmers aged 10 and under.
- An evening practice will be offered Monday to Thursday from 7:00 to 8:00pm for our swimmers aged 7 to 18 (no 6 and unders).
- We are in the process of scheduling a Mock Meet for the last week of June so please be on the lookout for that information.
- For all practices and home meets, please have your swimmer dressed in their swimsuit prior to arrival. The bathrooms will have limited availability. Showers will NOT be available.
Please know the WVSC and your Newton Sharks Board is working hard to ensure this summer swim season is a great one and we are all looking forward to a fun summer!
Stay tuned for more information. We will try to have it out to you as soon as we get it.
And don't forget to REGISTER your swimmer...our team is our team because of all of YOU!
Kelly and Jessica