June 8, 2021
Welcome Goodman Waves 2021!
so excited to kick off the season! The pool opens in just
3 days and all practices begins on Monday, June 14!
We wanted to introduce ourselves to our new and returning families. Be sure to check out your practice times on GoodmanWaves.com. There’s a lot of info in here so please read through carefully.
The Goodman Waves Swim & Dive Team is managed by the City of Madison Parks. We are one of 13 teams in the All City League and were established in 2011. Dive joined us in 2017. You can read more about the team history on our TeamUnify website, GoodmanWaves.com
The Friends of Goodman Waves board officially formed in the fall of 2016. A small group of dedicated volunteers have helped grow the team through community building and outreach. We do much of the heavy lifting including running and organizing our home swim and dive meets, running concessions at swim meets, organizing team socials and work with the City to ensure the mission is reflected in our team. In 2018, the board established themselves as a 501(c)3 in preparation for hosting the All City Swim 2023 and All City Dive 2022.
The Friends hold monthly board meetings. We encourage attendance and if you'd prefer, please contact us vis email at [email protected] We love feedback and ideas for supporting the team. Please feel free to read our agendas and minuets under the "Friends" tab.
Communication from the Friends and coaches will come from our TeamUnify website. The Friends maintain this website with up to date information. We do our best to limit the number of weekly emails but considering summer swim and dive is such a short season, we sometimes break the rules. Coaches will also send out emails to their groups regarding meets and practice. In addition to communication, you will be expected to use this website to sign up for meets, potluck socials, and team building events. It really is the glue that holds the team together.
JUNE 12 8:30AM
Join us Saturday, June 12 from 8:30 - 10am for a team meeting. We'll show you the ins/outs of a swim & dive meet with parents and coaches on-site to answer any questions you may have about the season. We hope to have team apparel to hand out. While kids are welcome, this event is primarily for adults. The pool will not be open for our use. If kids attend, maybe the coaches will even teach them some Waves cheers!
SWIM & DIVE MEETS Meet Schedule here
- First Dive meet is away on June 18
- First Swim Meet is June 19 at home.
- Be sure to sign up on the home page to attend meets and sign-up for volunteering and concessions. More info forthcoming on volunteering and concessions.
- Automatic reminders are sent out 7-days prior to events. Don't be alarmed if some are sent prior to the official start of our season.
COVID GUIDELINES & MEET INFO
- 2021 Summer Guidelines please read the update summer guidelines
- Goodman Swim Meet plans & map (Dive will not require plans)
- Head Coach Nick will share Away Swim Meet Covid Plans on the Monday before an Away Meet. It is your responsibility to read it thoroughly so that you are prepared for each pool's plans as they are likely to vary and be modified over the course of the summer.
- Head Coach Kate will share info about Away Dive Meet Covid Plans when available. Most teams are operating dive meets in a traditional manner.
Finally, we strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with our website and in particular, we strongly recommend reading the following prior to the start of the season. These will get you started on what can otherwise feel overwhelming at the start of the season. With your account, you will receive emails with reminders to sign up for meets, volunteering, socials, etc.
If you want to purchase a team suit, head over to Simply Swimming to get fitted. If you missed the first order of team apparel and are interested in ordering, email our team apparel team, Becky Kohlhepp and Tammy Schensky to let them know of your interest. If we get enough people interested, we can look into a second round of apparel ordering.
Our website has a ton of info and should answer most of your questions. However, if you can't find the answer, please reach out to us at [email protected]
See you on the deck,
Parent Rep, Friends of Goodman Waves