June 21, 2021
Our June 26-27th Dual Meet with SASO is now CLOSED for entries. We have 41 VJO swimmers in the meet total. This will be a smaller and much shorter meet. As a reminder, the meet will be short course on Saturday, June 26th and long course on Sunday, June 27th. The meet will take place at the Cunningham Pool and all age groups will be run together in one evening session. Yes this meet will be an evening meet and will start at 4:00pm (arrive at 2pm). As of right now ONLY athletes, coaches and essential volunteers will be allowed on to the pool deck.
Heat & Lane Assignments, Warm-up Assignments and Estimated Timeline will be emailed out this Friday, June 25th. Checks your emails this Friday for meet updates.
ALL SWIMMERS MUST BE IN A TEAM SUIT AT MEETS
- Parents Allowed in Stands - VJO families and parents are now allowed to view practices from the stands inside the pool deck area. All spectators must still enter through the main entrance. VJO parents are not allowed down on the pool deck with the swimmers and coaches. After entering through the office all spectators must go straight to the stands.
- Face Masks - Masks are no longer required outdoors when on the Cunningham pool deck. Masks must still be worn when entering the facility (going through the office), but may be taken off when on the pool deck outdoors. Masks are still required when in the restrooms.
- Lane Capacity - There is no longer a limit to the number of athletes per lane at the Cunningham Pool. However, VJO will still continue to social distance swimmers while on the deck and during practice. Our goal is to keep swimmers spread out to 1-3 swimmers per lane. We will let everyone know if this changes.
- Locker Rooms - STILL CLOSED
Vallejo Aquatic Club is a non-profit organization and we are signed up on Amazon Smile to receive a small percentage of Amazon Smile purchases as a donation towards our team. Please make sure to set up your Amazon Smile App on your phone or computer and start accruing donations for our team! For this current year, our team has received $251.35 in donations from Amazon Smile. If we all set up our Amazon Smile Apps, I'm sure we could do more! Let's start accruing!
How to set-up the Amazon app on iPhones and Android phones to use AmazonSmile:
To do this proceed as follows:
- Check that you have the latest version of the Amazon app.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device.
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn Amazon Smile on
To change your charitable organization:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select a new charitable organization to support.
Starting Monday, June 14th our VJO practice schedule has changed for all groups.
Hammerheads Groups - The Hammerheads Groups have the option of 3 different practice times. Please note the Hammerheads practice times/days have changed. We can allow a maximum of 15 Hammerhead swimmers in the H1 & H2 practice Groups (M/W/F) and a maximum of 12 Hammerhead swimmers into the H3 practice Group (T/TH/S).