June 28, 2021
As we approach the halfway point of the season, wanted to provide a quick recap, reminder and ask.
1) Picture/pancakes and link to share photos
2) Theme and tents for Wednesday meet (don't forget to swim an IM to qualify for IM tough meet on Mon. 7/12)
3) Final spirit wear/swim suit orders PART 2
A big thank you to Catherine Geiszler, Kim Klain, Geoff Nagler, and Dina Gowayed for making picture day happen. And Erin Sartori, Marina Tucker, Cindy Crum, Kelly Kilga and Krista Forsyth continued the crowd favorite pancake breakfast in fine style (if you're curious, confetti edged out chocolate chip pancakes as the favorite!)
Before we know it, the summer swim season will be in the rear view mirror :( but that means it's time to start talking about the slide show and crowd sourcing photographs and movies from the meets).
Natalie Zhou, this year's slide show guru, has
asked all parents to upload
any photos/videos of their favorite swim team moments for possible
inclusion in the end of the season slide show to the following link
by July 21
It's going to be a hot week...
1) make sure your swimmer brings water to practice and the meets to stay hydrated. (yes, shameless plug, we do still have waterbottles but they're going fast so order yours now).
2) WE NEED TENTS!!! Because it will be really hot, we'd like to use those 10x10 pop up tents to cover the whole swimmer and timer areas for this Wednesday's meet. If you have one, please let either meet set up lead, Geoff Nagler or Tracy Mason know you can bring it to the Wednesday meet (bring it anytime during set up from 4-5pm).
3) All swimmers interested in swimming the special IM tough meet on Monday, 7/12 must have a legal, meet-verified IM time. This Wed or Saturday is a good time to get it in the books.
Can Logan Klain defend his theme/team spirit
week 1 title? Congrats, Logan and thanks to all of you for showing
your hawaiian style for last Saturday's meet. (it even rained like
a typical island storm!) Thanks also to Dave Klain
for being our announcer on Saturday. If anyone has the skill and
gift of gab to pull off that volunteer gig, please let me know as
Dave's work schedule will not allow him to fill that spot each
Don't forget the theme for this Wednesday is Disney/Super heroes so don't hold back as we will be offering another prize for the most spirited participant. (Each theme winner will receive shark swag, a discount at Shark Concessions and the pride of leading our team spirit efforts.
Speaking of team spirit, we have a last call for spiritwear orders. Please bring your order form and check (made out to Chase Club Sharks) to practice on Tuesday morning to place your order. We will work with the vendors to get things in as quickly as possible. If you would like to get a swimsuit, head over to SuitUp on Braddock Road, across from George Mason University and ask Lacey or her workers to confirm your size. You still pay us for the suit and let us know the size you've selected so we place and ship the order together. Still waiting on the team's official and personalized caps. Thanks to the olympics and covid supply chain challenges, vendors are literally jammed with cap orders; I believe they should be here any day now. If we don't have them in hand and your Wednesday swimmer needs a cap, just see Tracy for details.
Have a great week and see you at Disney :)