July 2, 2021
We's about to
get rowdy.... at CHAMPIONSHIPS!! The league has made
changes to location and consolidated dates so please read this
message carefully for updates!!
Our swimmers have worked so hard all season and championships is the culmination of all their efforts. Nowhere is our Stingray team spirit more evident than at champs. Champs is a FUN and team oriented event. It's just like our dual meet swim meets (with 10 more teams)! Just talk to one of our veteran parents and they can tell you how awesome it is.
UPDATED DATES AND LOCATION
- Little Champs, for 6 and unders, will be held on Friday, July 23. Big Champs is July 24 - 25.
- Championships will be held at the Bolles School pool this year. The address is 7400 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville FL 32217.
DECLARING YOUR SWIMMER
- PLEASE declare your swimmer for champs asap!!! The deadline is Wednesday July 7th!!!! It's very important that you either accept or decline the championship events so we can submit an accurate roster to the league. The process is just like declaring your swimmer for a swim meet. Even if you are not attending championships, we need to know so please "decline" the event.
- All swimmers who
have attended at least
2 meets during the season and have times on
record for events (this DOES include DQs) are eligible and invited
to attend championships.
- Meet results can be found in your account on the website to show how many meets your swimmer has swum and what strokes they are eligible for at Champs
- Next year the league will be returning to its 3 meet minimum
- When declaring, you need to choose a maximum of 5 out of the 6 events offered, (there is no minimum - see agenda below for schedule). Only choose events you will be attending and are qualified to swim with a 2021 time on record (2019 champs times also count).
VOLUNTEERING AT CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Please sign up to volunteer. All families attending champs must sign up to volunteer a minimum of 1 shift. The specific jobs will be determined after the league assigns TFS the jobs they need us to fill. Go ahead and sign up to volunteer for the shift you want and a job will be assigned to you later. You can include in the notes your preference and we will do the best we can to assign your preference (timer, clerk, marshal, any). If you don't sign up to volunteer, a job will be assigned to you at check in.
Champs are scheduled for Friday, July
- Warm-ups are at 4:00 pm and the meet starts at 5:30 pm.
- The Big
Champs schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, July 24 (morning session) Ages 10 & Under: Back, Short Free, Breast, Fly, IM (Warm-ups: 7:30 am & start at 8:30 am)
- Saturday, July 24 (afternoon session) Ages 11 & up: Back, Short Free, Breast, Fly, IM (Warm-ups 12 noon & start at 1:00 pm)
- Sunday, July 21st, Ages 7 & up: Long Free, Medley Relay & Free Relay (Warm-ups: 8:00 am & start at 9:00 am)
NOTE: Technical swim suits are not allowed for swimmers age 12 and under.
FOOD AT CHAMPS: TFS will NOT be providing food at champs this year. All families should plan to bring their own food, snacks, and drinks. Bring whatever you need to be comfortable (no alcohol permitted). We ask that families bring extra water and gatorade to donate to help fill the team drink coolers we will have set up in our team tent. The TFS board will be supplying Chick Fil A lunch on Saturday at Champs. Lunch will arrive in time on Saturday for the morning swimmers to grab a sandwich before leaving and for arriving swimmers to grab a sandwich before swimming.
HOTEL: If you are interested in staying at a hotel during Championships, we recommend staying at The Fairfield Inn and Suites. This hotel is just minutes from Bolles. The address is 4888 Lenoir Avenue Jacksonville, Florida 32216. This is where we will be hosting a team BBQ on Saturday night! All families are welcome and encouraged to attend (even if you are not staying over)! Here is a link to make reservations at a discounted rate: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1625236214806&key=GRP&app=resvlink
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Monday July 12th - Annual Parent Meeting (MANDATORY) 7:00 pm - location is the Family Field behind the kiddie pool.
- We will be voting on President and Treasurer this year. If you are considering running for the board, please let one of the current board members know. We need to know if you are interested right away!
- After the annual meeting and board elections, those who will be attending championships need to stay for a championships planning meeting. All families attending championships need to attend!
Monday July 26th - Awards Party - location is the Rec Center Pool. Who will win a high point hoodie? Who will win a Coach's Award?? Attend the party to find out! ALL TFS swimmers and their parents and siblings are invited to attend (please no extended relatives or friends). This will be a casual Pot-Luck event with more details coming soon. Our theme is "Olympics". Attire is casual and all are encouraged to dress according to our Olympic theme. The pool will be open for free swim.
We have so much going on for the next month so please check email frequently. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email us at [email protected]