July 3, 2021
Dear Stingrays families,
Congratulations on winning two meets last weekend. All our Stingrays swam their hearts out and we had so many best times. We can’t wait to keep the momentum going at our upcoming meets. Please read this newsletter very carefully as it contains important information.
Virtual Meet Saturday, July 10th against Roland Run and Team Pictures
- Please arrive by 745 for the team picture
- Warm up will begin at 8:30 and the meet will start by 9
- Please RSVP your swimmer no later than Tuesday so the coaches can complete the line up.
- Volunteer jobs will be posted on Monday. Please sign up for your job by Thursday. We will need all families to help at this meet.
- Please plan to stay at the meet to help clean up!! We have to have the pool cleaned up and ready to open by 12 noon.
- We would welcome help Friday night from 7-8 with meet set up. Please do not leave personal items set up over Friday night.
- Since we missed out on having our Applebee’s Pancake Breakfast, we will be hosting a pancake breakfast toward the end of this Saturday’s meet.
- Swimmers will receive three pancakes and two sausages for free. Families are welcome to purchase additional meals for $5/plate (three pancakes and two sausages).
- Proceeds will go toward our end of the season banquet.
- Please complete the following sign-up to let us know how many will be participating and what help your family is able to offer:
Carroll County Invitational Meet (CCI)
- July 14th at South Carroll Swim Club (1900 W Liberty Rd, Westminster)
- Deadline to sign up and pay for your events is Tuesday, July 6th. If we do not receive payment by this date, your child will not be entered into the meet.
- The cost is $4/event and each swimmer may swim up to 3 events.
- For those who are unfamiliar, CCI is a very fun, optional meet where all teams across Carroll County come together to compete. It is appropriate for swimmers of all levels.
- Warm-ups will begin at 3:30pm and the meet will start at 4pm
- Please note, all families participating at CCI will be expected to volunteer for this meet.
Practice/lesson adjustments during CCI week
- There will be no evening lessons on 7/14
- There will be evening lessons on 7/16
- Morning lessons will run on the normal schedule
- There will be no practice 7/14
Congrats to our record breakers from last week’s meet
- 9-10 100 IM Jackson Bankard 1:26:03
- 15-18 50 Back Conor Moran 29.14
Save the date for lesson instructors and helpers
- We will be hosting a pizza party to thank our lesson instructors and helpers for a successful season of lessons
- All those who have taught or helped with any lessons are invited
- Date: 7/29 9:30-11:45
We would like to welcome Kim Hawkins to the board. Kim is in charge of managing our data for meet results, records, place awards, and personal best awards etc.