July 12, 2021
|Piedmont Swim Team|
|PST THIS WEEK 7/12/21|
Town Hall (via zoom) for parents tomorrow, July 13th at 7:30pm to discuss the 2021/2022 season. Mandatory for at least one adult from each household. Zoom link below.
* PST is looking for a new bookkeeper. Approximately 10 hours a month. $50 per hour. Please email Treasurer Chris Carnazzo ([email protected]) if you know someone who might be interested.
Tues, July 13 - Town Hall via Zoom at 7:30pm. Mandatory for parents. No swimmers.
Meeting ID: 899 7049 4725
Thurs, July 15 - New Timetable for Gold and Platinum starts:
Mon, July 19- Registration for the 2021/22 season opens on our website.
Sat, July 24- Silver to swim with Gold/Platinum at Encinal from 11-1pm.
*Registration for the 2021/22 season opens July 19 and closes August 2nd with group assignments being announced early August.
Mon, July 19- Registration for the 2021/22 season opens
July 26 - August 15 - Summer Break
Mon, August 2- Registration for the 2021/22 season closes
Sat, August 21 13& Over River Rafting Day trip
Fundraiser Update (Magnets have been mailed. Let us know if you donated but did not receive one):
And it is never too late to donate! If you would like to donate and get a magnet, you can do so via check, credit card or Venmo. For those making donations via donor advised funds, the address connected to the account (106 Shoal Dr., Vallejo) is our accountant’s address. He will forward all checks to us as they arrive.
Paper Check -Make checks payable to Piedmont Swim Team
580 Mountain Ave Piedmont, 94611
Don’t forget to switch to ACH on your account settings (My Account/Payment Setup) and help us save on credit card fees!
Athletes, want a cool bag tag? The Virtual Summer Series is open!
Pacific Swimming and FastSwims are co-sponsoring a Virtual Summer Series Meet. Any time achieved by the athlete in a sanctioned meet held between June 18th and August 1st, 2021 is eligible for submission as an entry to this meet. $5 to enter each course and all participants will receive a commemorative bag tag! HOW TO ENTER:
Click here for more details Virtual Summer Series Meet.
Questions, please contact Kate Aubrecht ([email protected])
Photos/videos/ Meet Reports:
Photos and videos of time trials and meets can be found on our team website under Photos
You may view your swimmers meet improvements report on our team website under Swimmers/ Meet Reports.
Visit our SwimOutlet store for discounted mizuno swimsuits, PST branded apparel, swim gear and discounted mizuno wear.
Contact Coach Stefan for any gear questions.
Support Piedmont Swim Team with AmazonSmile Charity Lists. Now on Amazon shopping app!
Guidance for practice after travel, alternate swim meets
With decreasing rates of COVID19, frequently changing guidance, and events and gatherings beginning again, we adopted the following guidance for swimmers who plan to travel or engage in larger in person gatherings. Our goal with this guidance is to maintain a safe environment for our swimming cohorts but be fair and not overly burdensome.
For swimmers who are not fully vaccinated:
1. For swimmers who travel (>120 miles, or by air travel anywhere) or engage in large in person events where strict masking and distancing are not both maintained (such as high school or regional swim meets, or large gatherings with eating), we recommend that they not attend swim practice until they have tested negative for COVID 3-5 days after return.
2. For example, if they return home on a Sunday, and they have a test on a Wednesday (day 3 after return), they may return to practice as soon as that test is resulted and is negative.
For swimmers who are fully vaccinated:
No restrictions or need for testing after travel or meets/large gatherings.
Please read his guidance from Alameda County
Fully Vaccinated People:
• Are less likely to get and spread COVID-19 while traveling.
• Should follow CDPH travel guidance. They are not required to test or quarantine before or after travel, unless they have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 disease.
What does it mean to be fully vaccinated?
• You are fully vaccinated two weeks (14 days) after you receive a one-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
or the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna). COVID-19 vaccines are available at no
cost to people ages 12 and older in Alameda County. To find the vaccination site nearest you, visit our
A place to sell, exchange or give away swim items. Email submissions to [email protected] by Sunday night to be included in the weekly newsletter.
Black PST zip-up hoodie, size youth medium (would be good for a 6-9 year old), to give away and one pair of Finis fins, size B. Contact [email protected] for more info.
9/7 Next Board Meeting 7:00pm via Zoom!
Any Questions? Please email any of the Board members with questions or concerns.