July 14, 2021
THE Y: A GREAT PLACE TO COACH
Join the SwimTYDE Coaching Team
Are you an energetic person with the drive and desire to work with children and help them become better athletes and better people? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping swimmers improve their strokes through consistent feedback while helping them to strive beyond their own limitations? Then the TYDE Swim Team has an exciting opportunity for you!
TYDE is looking for site coaches to oversee practice groups at various YMCAs across Northwest North Carolina. The Swim Team Coach will be responsible for overseeing the overall operation of the site's swim team practice groups, and will include coaching all levels of swimmers, as well as interacting with parents and keeping open communication with the aquatic director and TYDE staff.
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communications with swimmers and parents.
- Assist or conduct daily practices utilizing pre-written practice sets or developing as needed. This must be done in a direction that supports the coaching philosophy and direction of the club as established by the Head Coach.
- Communicate with the Head Age Group Coach to outline practice sessions, meet schedules, and to discuss issues or opportunities. These meetings will also ensure that the management of the program remains united with one direction.
- Create a positive, team-oriented atmosphere where swimmers learn the Y core values as well as hard work, perseverance and dedication.
- Attend meetings and swim meets as needed.
Days and hours vary. Ability to work evenings and weekends required.
- Competitive Swimming Experience (preferred).
- Swim Coaching Experience (preferred).
- Candidates should be USA Swimming Certified or be able to obtain USA Swimming Certification and be able to pass a background check (required).
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and have a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential (required).