August 20, 2021
When there is pool emergency shutdown or inclement weather related practice time change or cancellation, PDST will send out emergency notification to all affected PDST members via SMS (testing) to notify everyone. So it is vital you setup SMS (texting) in your PDST account.
If you have setup SMS (texting) in your PDST account before, you are good for SMS. If you are new to PDST or have not done so, please spend a few minutes to set SMS up.
In an emergency situation, such as unplanned canceled practice due to the pool condition, or inclement weather condition etc., PDST will send 1) an email; and concurrently 2) a SMS (texting) to notify affected group or the entire team. You will be asked to setup your SMS in your account.
To add an SMS (texting) number in a member account: 1. Log into your PDST account 2. Click the Add SMS button to the right of the box (if you have added your cell phone number for SMS (texting before, then click the SMS number, then click “Verify” on the right). 3. Fill in the Cell Number and Cell Carrier in the pop up and click the Send button 4. A pop up will notify you that a text has been sent to the cell number for verification 5. Check your cell phone for this message and get the Verification / Validation code. Note that some cell carriers can take a while to deliver the message. 9 6. Enter the code in the “Verification Code” field and click Verify. This MUST be done by YOU to be activated for use in PDST SMS system 7. The cell number will appear in the box with the “Verified” checkbox checked
To add a cell number for texting messages please follow the steps below. This MUST be done for the number to be activated for use through OnDeck. Ideally an account holder will perform the below steps, as it requires retrieving a verification code from their cell phone and entering it on the site.
Admin Level - Not an Admin
- Sign In to your team's TeamUnify SwimOffice website.
- Go to your
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click My Account > My Account.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click My Account > Account Info.
- To add an SMS number for one of the athletes in the account, click the Members tab and then click their name; otherwise stay on the current screen.
an SMS cell number and select
- Click Save in the upper right and it will send that number a verification text.
- Check your
cell phone for a "Verify your SMS" text
where alias is your team's alias, and open it.
Note that some cell carriers can take awhile to deliver the
- Tap the
link and you should see one of three possible messages.
- "Success! We have validated your primary SMS." (or "secondary SMS" if that's what you were verifying) The SMS number is verified and ready to receive texts from the team. You may skip the rest of the steps.
- "Sorry, your primary SMS has already been validated." Sometimes just opening the text will verify the number, resulting in this message. The SMS number is verified and ready to receive texts from the team. You may skip the rest of the steps.
- "Sorry, the code XXXX did not match any codes." Continue to the next step.
- If tapping the link doesn't work, note the four digit code number in the text message.
- Back in
your team's SwimOffice website, click the Unverified button above the SMS
- If you got the error in step 7c on your mobile device, click Resend Verification and go back to step 6.
- Enter the four digit code from your text message in the Verification Code field and click Verify.
- You will
see Verified in green above the SMS number. You
may need to refresh the screen to see this.