August 22, 2021
Hello Stingray Families!!!
We have some updates to the Awards Ceremony so it is important that you read this email thoroughly.
With the kids being back in school, we have some safety concerns with so many of our swimmers being too young to be COVID vaccinated. All of the elementary schools and the high school have had positive cases this first week of school. We want the swimmers to be able to enjoy themselves, but due to surging COVID cases, we also feel like we need to make some adjustments to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- We would like to limit the number of attendees per family. Please limit guests to your immediate household (so no cousins/friends/grandparents outside of the household are allowed) and please limit it to two adults (plus siblings) per immediate household.
- As already stated, please bring your own blankets and chairs to sit on in the grass area and please try to stay within your family group on the grass.
- Due to breakthrough cases, whether vaccinated or not, please wear a mask at all times unless actively swimming or eating, even outdoors (really, please keep your mask on; not like we "wore masks" at all of the meets this season).
- Stay for as long or as little as you are comfortable staying. If you have immunocompromised individuals in your household, do not feel safe coming to the Awards Ceremony, or do not feel comfortable wearing a mask, please don't come. We can make other arrangements to get the awards to your family.
- Pizza and ice cream will be served outdoors, under pop up tents. You may eat with your family group on the grass. We will serve pizza first and then the ice cream. We will call swimmers and their families up by age group to minimize crowding around the food service tables.
If you previously RSVP'd yes, but have changed your mind and will not be attending, just kindly reply to this NewsSplash and let us know.
If you have not RSVP'd at all yet, please do so here.
If you are attending and have not signed up for anything to donate, please do so here. We would like a donation from all families so that we can continue to offer these events to the swimmers.
If you are NOT able to come to the Awards Ceremony, but would like to still pick up your awards, we will have them out in the parking lot for drive by pick up from 1:15-1:45pm after the Awards Ceremony and party have been completed.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!