August 28, 2021
We are excited for our swimmers to have their Awards Ceremony on Sunday!!! The schedule of the ceremony is listed below, after these few reminders. Remember the Ceremony is at the SOUTHAMPTON Pool, NOT the James Lemos Pool.
- Donations: To those families that have signed up to donate their time, drinks, ice chests, or cash, thank you so much! We can't have these fun events without your support. To those families who have not signed up for anything, please do so here. If the $10 cash donation is prohibitive, we still have slots available for you to volunteer your time; or you can just donate $5 or whatever works for you.
- WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES unless actively swimming or eating. This includes outdoors and for the duration of the ceremony. If you are unable to properly wear a mask, feel ill, or have had recent COVID exposure, please do not come and we will make other arrangements to get your swimmer's awards to you.
- Limit your guests to your immediate household and 2 adults per family.
- Drive by Pick Up: Awards will also be available for drive by pick up from 1:15-1:45 in the Southampton Pool parking lot.
- One More Lap Donations: Justin Magno will be collecting good quality outgrown fins, parkas, and team suits (no used goggles or practice suits please). He will store them and redistribute to the team for free prior to the start of Spring Practice 2022. This is a great way to clear out your closets, help the environment, and donate your outgrown swim gear to a teammate. The collection bin will be at the entrance.
- League Meet Awards: These will be available on a table and sorted by swimmer. Please stop by the table to collect your League Meet Awards.
- Spirit Wear: Get a jump start on next season and purchase leftover Spirit Wear at a discounted price now! We will also have the *NEW* team caps for sale for $20.
Awards Ceremony Schedule
- 10:45 Doors open: Don't forget to bring chairs and blankets and sit socially distanced on the lawn.
- 11:00: Ceremony will begin promptly at 11:00 in order to give swimmers time to swim and eat afterwards.
- Introduction by Anna Fade, Stingrays President
- Presentation of Personal Record Plaques. Coach Mariska will call up swimmers by age group/gender to get their PR plaques. Any swimmer who has swum in a meet will be presented their plaques.
- Presentation of Honor and County Time Swimmers: These swimmers have swum a fast enough time to quality for County Championships (Gold time) or have achieved an Honor Time (faster than Silver time, not quite Gold time)
- Presentation of Age Group Awards: Coach Mariska has personally selected swimmers from each age group to individually recognize them for their achievements.
- Presentation of the Coach's Award: Coach Mariska has selected the most outstanding female and male swimmer from the team for this season
- Parent Volunteer of the Year: We can not function without volunteers and we would like to recognize the parent volunteer who we feel really went above and beyond for the team
- Presentation of Junior Coaches: It would be impossible to have a successful team without them!!!
- Closing Remarks and release to eat and play! We will call swimmers and their families up by age group to get pizza, drinks, and later ice cream. Please do not crowd the service table. We have the lifeguards for swimming until 1:00pm. When the lifeguards blow the whistle and ask us to exit the pool, please do so efficiently, throw away any garbage, and it is time to go home!