September 7, 2021
As high school swimmers start to plan their future academic and swimming careers at colleges, it is important to start practicing important skills that will help them succeed on their own, such as planning ahead. We've discussed how beneficial it is to write out future assignments and exams for the academic year so that student-athletes may stay on track, but planning out one's week ahead with a schedule and meals, along with a "to-do" list, can help an athlete be less stressed and have dedicated time to work on specific tasks.
Things that athletes can plan a week ahead:
- Dedicated study time/time to complete assignments
- Practice schedule
- Time for rest and relaxation
Getting a head start on planning your weeks and months ahead can help eliminate stress and help athletes stay focused on each task at hand.
For more information and tips on planning, check out these helpful links:
- SwimSwam: College Swimmers - The Benefits of Planning Your Week
- That Clean Life: A Guide to Meal Planning for Student Athletes
- SwimSwam: Benefits of Meal Prepping