September 21, 2021
During the middle of the season, practices get tougher for all swimmers, no matter the age and level of experience. This time can often be an opportunity for growth in many different aspects for our Georgia athletes, including their mental toughness, leadership ability, and positive mentality.
The power of positivity is an important characteristic that does not come easy to everyone and can be a game-changer for improvement and the overall environment at practices throughout the season.
Parents can help their swimmers work on their positive attitudes in many ways including:
- Remembering that kids watch their parents, so be as positive and upbeat as you can around them
- Practice positive self-talk as much as possible
- Encourage them throughout the tough times and the good times
To learn more about how parents can help their swimmers stay positive, along with resources for our Georgia athletes, check out these links:
- SwimSwam: 6 Thoughts for Swim Parents About Positive Attitudes
- SwimSwam: How to Have a Better Attitude at the Pool