November 16, 2021
Western Region Section, (Nov. 16, 2021)
The Section Board has been in communication with both the KCAC (Federal Way, WA) and UT (Austin, TX) facilities. In response to recent announcements from KCAC, we are planning to proceed with the Pacific Northwest Sectional meet at Fed Way March 10-13 and the Four Corners Sectional Meet at UT March 24-27.
Please note the following:
Pacific Northwest Sectional Meet Federal Way, WA March 10-13 Information. The meet will proceed as planned at KCAC with the following modifications (as of Nov 15, 2021):
- Face Masks will be required
- Proof of Vaccination/Negative Testing Requirement for facility entry- All participants must provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within last 72 hours. Unvaccinated attendees will need to test during the meet to fulfill the requirement for a 4 day event.
- There will be Limited On-Site Parking (166 spaces only front side). Additional parking at the Ball Field Parking (200+ spaces) will be available.
- No Out of Pacific Northwest Section athletes. No Cross Section Registration of Four Corners teams for NW meet.
- Lobby/Vendor Concessions will not be open.
- If there are under 625 athletes, the section board has voted to waive athlete re-imbursement and allow the host to retain all meet revenue.
- KCAC will be hosting multiple events between now and our Section meet. We are hoping for protocol clarity and a more streamlined process by March.
In good faith, this is what we can expect at this time. As with all COVID decisions, we are making the best projection of what we expect based on the information available to us at this time. Final conduct of the event may change based on local restrictions.
Four Corners Sectional Meet in Austin, TX March 24-27 Information:
- Face Masks will be strongly recommended
- 150 athletes will be allowed from the Pacific Northwest Section only.
- There will be NO cross-registration of Four Corners teams for the Northwest Section Meet in Federal Way
- Cross Section Registration for Pacific NW teams ONLY to attend the Four Corners Section meet will open on Monday, November 22, at 12:00 pm (Noon) CENTRAL time.
- Registration link is posted below - this has also been posted to the Western Zone website HERE
We hope to have meet information sanctioned for both sites around the beginning of December.
Please let us know if you have any questions,
Western Region Section Board
Shawn Smith - Chair, Jody Rash - Vice Chair, Jeff Gudman - Secretary, Ryan Stratton - Treasurer
4 Corners Sectionals Meet March 24-27, 2022 Reserve athlete spots here. Limit 50 per team.
Only teams from the following LSC's are eligible: Alaska, Hawaii, Inland Empire, Montana, Oregon,
Pacific Northwest, Snake River and Wyoming. No other LSC's or teams are permitted.
Link goes LIVE on Monday, November 22, at 12:00 pm (Noon) CENTRAL Time (10:00 am Pacific):
NOTE - until the link goes live, you will receive a "404 Error" message * direct questions to