CSSC Partners
All+Custom+Print+Designs
USA+Swimming
Southern+California+Swimming
USA+SCHOLASTIC+ALL-AMERICA+TEAM
Safe+Sport
Board Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes 11/17/21

 

Members in Attendance: Greg Kennedy, Kim Devetis, Brian Costantino, Diana Nguyen, Coach Kevin Blum, Mike Brouchard, Desiree Kennedy

 

Holiday Meet

A. Kim updated the Board on the following meet details. She stated how imperative it is that this meet go off smoothly because Southern Ca Swimming stressed the importance. This will be a closed meet. Maybe 5-6 teams.

 

  • No check-in- meet will be pre-seeded.

  • No snack bar- (due to Covid guidelines, gathering must be limited)

  • Brian will put caution tape up behind the starting blocks. Only swimmers and timers will be allowed behind the blocks.

  • No Awards (ducks or ribbons due to Covid restrictions)

  • No heat sheet posting (Coach Blum said he will post our heats in team area for our team only)

  • We can sell waters

  • We need to supply hospitality. Desiree will check on donation from Jersey Mike’s. CSSC will pay for food for hospitality if no donation is obtained.

  • Meet will be December 3rd, 4th, 5th.

  • Friday will be very short, one session for distance swims.

  • Meet will end early on Sunday

  • Meet will start ½ hr early on Sunday.

  • CTS Operator – One of the conditions for CSSC to host is that we hire other teams CTS operator.

     

B. This will be Brian Costantino’s last meet as Meet Director. We need new Meet Director to shadow Brian at this meet.

C. Brian stated we have 8 working timing pads. Greg has ordered an additional 3 pads.

D. Brian feels we need 2-3 new 10 x 10 easy ups. Greg will order them, need to be Aluminum framed, no logo in possibly Navy color.

 

E. Volunteers needed for meet

  • Set up Team – 5-7 people

  • Tear Down Team- 5-7 people

  • Announcer-

  • Marshalls- 12 slots

  • Hospitality- Check with Dana for how many are needed

  • Timing Crew – 1-2 per session

 

F. Kim informed Board that starting in January all Marshalls will have to go through Safe Sport.

  • CSSC will pay for background checks.

  • Need to set a committee for Marshalls

 

G. Dustin Le volunteered to be Volunteer Coordinator if Garrett Herzer is not. Diana has reached out to Garrett to train.

H. Kim asked if CSSC would like to take on Race Series? Greg stated as long as the meet doesn’t run in the red and Board decided to table idea until we receive more details.

 

I. New Board Members

  • Greg asked to set up a nomination committee consisting of 3 Board members, and 2 members.

  • Committee will include; Coach Blum, Greg Kennedy, Diana Nguyen, Mike Brochard and one other member yet to be named.

J. A parent meeting will be called to discuss upcoming meet and Board positions. Greg will send out an email to our members.

 

K. Diana inquired about end of season, Team Banquet. Board decided we will be having one, details to be decided upon at a later date.