December 12, 2021
Dear Swim Families,
I want to take a few moments and share with everyone our upcoming plans for the 2022 swim season. Before we get to that, I would like to thank the Board and the entire coaching staff (past and present) for overcoming many obstacles and still making this past year as successful and challenging as it could be for our swimmers. We had unprecedented demand for our program and for the first time in a very long time, we had a long wait list of swimmers trying to get a spot in an open lane.
Looking ahead toward 2022, the RST board and coaching staff have several simple goals.
- Maximize our available pool space and continue to grow our programs.
- Continually improve the quality of instruction provided to RST swimmers.
- Ensure the variety of swim programs RST offers allows swimmers of all ages and abilities to fulfill their individual goals.
- Have as much fun as possible doing it!
In 2022 we will return to our more traditional team structure which includes the Wave competing once again in the NorCal Swim League in the Eureka division from April through July and the Mavs competing as our “year round” competitive USA Swimming team. In addition, we will continue to support our March Clinics, Splash “pre-team” in June/July, and the fall and winter clinics as well. And last, but not least, we will continue to offer the RST Swim School over spring break and during the summer. Additional information will be coming on each of these programs in the future, and for more information now, click here. All swim meets have been posted to our homepage, with the Wave meets including the word “Wave” in the description and the others being for the Mavs.
Here are the immediate details that you need to be aware of.
- At the end of the current winter clinic in Jan, if you choose to go the route of the Wave, then you must NOT participate in any organized swim programs in the month of February.
- If you choose to continue swimming with the Mavs, there will be a separate registration for this and swimming will continue into February and beyond.
- Information on March Stroke Clinics, a precursor to the wave season, will be available in January.
To lead RST through this transformation, I am pleased to announce the hiring of Chris Stehula as RST Director overseeing all aquatics and management of the coaching staff for RST. Chris comes to us with an extensive professional background and is already getting up to speed behind the scenes on all the inner workings of RST. Chris will be sending out more detailed information on the upcoming 2022 programs in the coming weeks, including timing for registration, pricing, etc., so please keep an eye out for future email communications from him.
From everyone at RST, please have a safe and happy holiday season.
Brad Cooper - RST President