March 20, 2022
Hi Stingrays families,
We hope this newsletter finds you all well and excited for our upcoming summer season. The board is very excited to announce information for our upcoming 2022 season. Please read this newsletter carefully as it contains very important information that may be different from past years.
Registration will open March 25th for returning members!!
- Registration will open April 1st for new members, however due to the exemptions we received from CMSL, we will only be able to take new team members who are new to the area or new to CMSL. We cannot take new swimmers who have previously swam on other LOCAL CMSL teams.
- 1st Swimmer: $160 +$14 for AAU insurance
Sibling Discount: (swimmers need to be registered at the same time to qualify for the sibling discount)
- 2nd Swimmer: 10% off ($144.00) +$14 for AAU insurance
- 3rd Swimmer: 15% off ($136) +$14 for AAU insurance
- Any Additional Swimmer: 20% off ($128.00) +$14/swimmer for AAU insurance
**For 2022 only: our team has been exempted from the pool membership requirement.
- We will be practicing at the Harlow Pool at McDaniel College
- Our exact practice schedule will be determined based on registration numbers but our AM practice will be between 9:30 and 12 and our PM practice will be 6-7.
- June 18: Time Trials Location TBD
- June 25: Dual meet at Roland Run
- July 2: Dual meet at Wynnewood
- July 12: Dual meet at Springlake 5pm (warm ups 4:30) note: this is a Tuesday meet (rain date 7/14)
- July 16: Dual meet at Hammond Park
- July 20: CCI
- July 23: Dual meet at Bolton Hill
- July 27: Straehle** location TBD
- July 28: Jr. Chamionship
- July 30: Divisionals at Wynnewood
- July 30: End of the year Team Banquet
We are looking for a few people who either are or will be certified lifeguards before the start of practice. If you have your lifeguard certification or plan to get it this spring and would like to apply to be a lifeguard during practice, please email the board at [email protected]
A very special thank you
The Stingrays Board would like to extend a very special thank you to Westminster Mayor, Mona Becker and the Westminster City Administrator for personally assisting in arranging our rental of McDaniel pool.
We will not be ordering team suits this year. Swimmers should feel free to wear last years suit or a solid navy blue suit in your preferred style. As always, team suits are not required.
We are pleased to announce our 2022 Stingrays Board of Directors
Morgan Muse: outgoing team rep
Amy Bankard: Incoming team rep
Megan Magers: treasurer
Kim Hawkins: Computer operator/statistics
If you are interested in filling the roll of secretary, please email the board at [email protected]
We will have much more news to come in the coming weeks. Please feel free to contact the board and coaches at [email protected] with any questions.