April 13, 2022
Hi SFC Families,
It was a great Saturday! We made our swimmers work extra hard.
The swimmers all did well, and I would like to point out a few highlights. A majority of the events swum by the SFC were beaten, including some provincial times. In addition to the older swimmers swimming long distances and swimming the 1500m for the first time, Millie requested to swim three distances events (800m freestyle, 1500m freestyle, and 400m freestyle - You're such a brave swimmer!). Here are a few highlights:
- 1500m Free 18:57.96 dropped 2:17.19sec (new provincial time!)
- 400m IM 5:46.57 dropped 26.89sec (new divisional time!)
- 1500m Free 20:36.69 dropped 38.46sec (new personal best!)
- 400m IM 5:57.16
* Millie Orde
- 1500m Free 23:57.21 (first time!)
- 800m Free 11:35.45 dropped 54.55sec (new personal best!)
- 400m Free 6:08.11
* Daria Tamari
- 1500m Free 22:25.09 (first time!)
- 400m Free 5:45.59 dropped 6.27sec (new personal best!)
We are looking forward to more great results at the coming meets, and I would like to thank you all for your engagement, dedication, and happiness.
SFC Head Coach
Highlights Coach Justin
Hello parents and swimmers! Well done to our little champions!!
This last weekend on Saturday we had our 1 day at Chilliwack Rubber Ducky Swim Meet and It went extremely well :)
Out of 25 times, I counted 21 best times!
This is incredible! But what's even more impressive to me is how hard the kids worked and how seriously they took their races. Each race gave it their ALL!! The coach is blown away.
It's so impressive to watch and I'm very proud of my swimmers.
- Logan I think won 4 of his heats, great job!!!! You earned it! He also had a couple of really good races where he was head-to-head with someone and even out-touched them to take first! Woop Woop! Good job champ!
- Anabelle is 3 seconds off her LMR time and she is only 9 years old. Her breastroke, as I'm sure she's aware, is looking real promising. Very very impressive.
- Lincoln has now officially blown away the silver time with 4:11.92 (this is what the coach got for time) you are more than on your way to LMR, good job little buddy! Lots of great races keep it up!
- Hannah 4:33! wow close to Silver and this time our goggles stayed on! Yes!!! Her freestyle stroke was so smooth the water looked like glass around her. Really good job Hannah!
- JouJou was about 6 seconds off her already super-fast LMR time of 3:41. This is a very fast time and we can't expect to always hit that, but we can expect a super good effort and Joujou did just that! Her cheeks are always flush and she is a natural-born fish. I filmed her 50m Fly race with 4 of our Swimmers in 1 heat.
JouJou managed to get second place in the heat. With a pretty fast time of 50 seconds! Great Job again swimmers!
Thank you, parents, for all your positive support, it was so nice we all got to be there to support the kids!! A true Swim Meet! YAY!!!
I felt like the atmosphere in the pool area was amazing. The staffs were very friendly and the Meet went pretty smoothly. Pretty big Win overall, well-done everyone!
Kind Regards, Justin.