April 24, 2022
OPEN WATER SWIM & TEAM FUN DAY AT CAROWINDS (June 4-5, 2022)
We sent out an interest survey and the response was very positive! Now it’s time to actually sign up.
1. You must sign up now even if you filled out the survey before.
2. You may still go to either the Open Water Swim or the Carowinds Fun Day, or Both, even if you did not respond to the original interest survey.
3. Unless you are electing to go on the team trip, you may choose to do only one of the two events. Just sign up for the one you are participating in.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
Signing up for the Open Water Swim: Sign up on the team website just like you would any other swim meet. If you are choosing a race distance other than the one designated for your age group, note that in the comments box! The designated age groups are: 13 & older = 5000 meters; 11-12 = 3000 meters; 10 & under = 1000 meters; There is also a 500 meter race. See your coach if you have any questions about which one you should do.
Signing up for the Fun Day at Carowinds theme park: Complete the online form found on the Open Water event page on our team website – Carowinds Fun Day Ticket Form.
Signing up for the Team Trip option: Swimmers 13 years and older may travel and stay with their teammates as opposed to going with their parents. To sign up, complete the online form found on the Open Water event page on our team website – Team Trip Reservation.
Open Water Swim: $32 + $10 per event (Any parents who want to participate must sign up and pay individually – See the meet information)
Carowinds Admission: $35 + tax per person entering the park. This includes swimmers, parents, and siblings
Team Trip: $170 (Covers round-trip transportation, lodging and Carowinds admission only. Does not cover food or incidental expenses)
PAYING FOR YOUR ENTRIES, ADMISSIONS, and/or TRIP
Families will be charged through their BSC account. (Parents participating in the Open Water Swim will pay the meet host directly for that event).
DEADLINE: May 15th
- Those participating in the team trip must participate in both the Open Water Swim and the Team Fun Day at Carowinds.
- Those participating in the team trip must fill out and turn in the Team Code of Conduct and Permission Slip and Waiver form by the sign-up deadline (May 15th)
- Team Trip participants will be able to request roommates. Please be ready with that information while filling out the Team Trip Sign Up Form. The coaches will take requests into account when assigning rooms. Please be sure that you have checked with your friend(s) to coordinate any roommate requests. No more than 4 swimmers in a room. In order to keep costs down, we will try to minimize the total number of rooms used.
- If a swimmer is going on the Team Trip, do NOT include their Carowinds ticket in the number you request on the Carowinds Ticket Form. Their admission is already factored into the Team Trip Form.