May 1, 2022
Welcome to Week 5 of Spring 2022!!
What a busy week! Our spring challenge had 90+ swimmers participating to help us build team unity! It also helped us to prepare for our formal meet on May 22nd. We used this practice meet to allow experienced swimmers how to guide less experienced swimmers, (there were so many cool moments of leadership that were witnessed! Also, it was a chance for less experienced swimmers to learn how to be responsible for their events AND for lots of new parents to learn how to help at a meet. We are sooo grateful for all the work everyone put in!
As always - Schedules can be located here
- Thursday, May 5th
- Dryland is now 5:00-5:45 PM
- This will continue through May.
- All schedules as normal.
Long Course May Practices
Senior and NDT Swimmers -
Please put the following in your calendar for senior and NDT swimmers
Tuesday, May 10,17 and 24th at the U of MN 5:00 - 6:30 PM
Velocity Home Meet
Our formal meet is scheduled for May 22nd
- If you haven’t gotten a chance to get involved in making these events happen, we would love to have you help at our formal meet on May 22nd!
- We highly encourage and expect all swimmers to attend home swim meets if possible, and parents to volunteer as able. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do so here
- The tentative Summer Schedule can be found
here, there might be some adjustments, please let us know if you
have any questions.
- Summer Schedule (effective 6/6/21 - 7/24/21)
Upcoming Meet Schedule
Meets open to event entry:
- VCTY meet on May 22 in Delano (All Velocity swimmers should be looking at swimming this meet).
- STAR meet on May 27 and 28 in St. Paul.
- ACAC meet June 3-5 in Ames, Iowa (Event file should be available this week).
- MAN meet June 26-28 in Mankato.
Deadlines this week:
- May 2 - Initial meet entries for STAR meet due.
Meets this week:
- Sunday, May 8 - HURR meet at U of M.
Thank you again for everyone that came out on Friday night. It was a great night of team building!