June 20, 2022
Lots of information to share so please read this message in its entirety!
Reminder: we do not have practice tonight in honor of Juneteenth!
Now, let's talk about Saturday's swim meet... or, lack there of haha! Our veteran parents can not recall a time where we had to cancel an entire meet due to weather. It truly was an unusual situation. Here is what we know from the River City Swim League Rules Chairman:
- Swimmers who were registered to attend the meet (their names were on the heat sheet) will receive credit for attendance - this counts as 1 of the 3 meets required to attend champs.
- Swimmers will not receive credit for specific events.
- All swimmers must have qualifying times for specific events to enter those events at champs.
- We are mostly concerned about swimmers receiving a qualifying time for the Individual Medley.
- The next (and only other) opportunity to swim the IM will be at our swim meet on June 2.
- We are looking into adding an IM event at our swim meet this Saturday but can NOT guarantee that will happen.
- More details will be shared as we have updates.
- Thank you to all of our parents, swimmers, coaches and board for your patience and flexibility on Saturday!
- Thank you to our food trucks for sticking around and serving food in the rain!!
We will be hosting an Award Party (aka banquet) planning meeting Monday June 27th at 6:30 pm at the pool. PLEASE attend if you are able to help us plan our end of the year awards party. All parents are invited to help!! Our swimmers and families look forward to this special event at the end of every season. We are looking for your help with NEW ideas for this year's party (as well as maintaining some old traditions).
We need YOU! We have 2 board positions up for election for next year, Vice President and Secretary. Board positions rotate every 2 years. If you are interested in joining the board, please talk to a current board member. We have board member in training options, too! Our board ensures the sustainability of the team for future years. We are a fun group who love serving our team and our families. Benefits include: extra volunteer hours, a free shirt and visor, and preferred seating (who sits??) at swim meets. The pay is fabulous (none) and the benefit of playing a part in our team's success is priceless!!
Meet #4: June 25 vs Beaches Aquatic Club (HOME)
June 27th award party planning meeting 6:30 pm at pool (all parents are invited to help)!
- June 30 Picture Day / Desserts and Appetizer party (TBD rain make up day) - wear team suits & team Tshirts
Meet #5: July 2 vs Deercreek Swim Team (HOME)
- July practices are for swimmers attending champs
- July 14 MANDATORY ALL Parent meeting and board elections @ 7pm at Pavilion at Pirate Park. Meeting for parents of swimmers attending champs right after general meeting.
- July 25 Banquet / Awards Party @6pm / location TBD
MEET #6 CHAMPIONSHIPS:
All swimmers who have swam in 3 or more swim meets are qualified and highly encouraged to attend championships. This is a super FUN and exciting team experience you and your swimmers do NOT WANT TO MISS!
July 22 6 & under Championships - location Bolles School - schedule tbd
July 23 - 24 Big Championships - location Bolles School - schedule tbd