July 27, 2022
Divisionals is almost here! There are few updates from our Division meeting earlier this week:
1. We will be using an electronic timing system. So at each lane, one timer will use a button. One will use a stop watch and one timer will multi-task and use the button and timer.
2. We will be swimming in 5 lanes and each team is responsible for filling the following positions for one lane--chairs, 3 timers for each half. We are responsible for staffing Lane 2. You will notice a change in the staffing needs for volunteer job sign up. WE NEED 3 MORE TIMERS and ONE more chairs person.
3. Each team will have their own section outside the pool area to set up. Our area is where we have our Fish Tank.
4. Critical Volunteer Needs: 2 people for each half at the Fish Tank. Parking Bouncers--parking is only allowed in our parking lot if you have a parking pass or have an official handicapped sign/license plate. This is a job for before the meet--6 a.m.-8 a.m. Clean Up lead. Concessions--still a few folks needed. Please sign up on our website under events. That will help me keep everything organized.
5. T-shirt Coordinator Needed. This person will pick up the t-shirts for the meet on Friday afternoon at Dews in Greenbrier. They will organize them by team. On Saturday, they will set up in the board room of the clubhouse and distribute tshirts to each team rep. This will happen between 7:15-8:30 a.m. Please let me know if you are willing to help out with this! Thank you!
6. Friday's Practice and breakfast. Friday's practice will be combined and run from 8:30-9:15. Following practice we will have Pot Luck breakfast for our swimmers. Please bring your favorite breakfast treat or snack. Thank you!
7. Friday Night Set Up at 7:45. Please come down to help if you can!
8. Saturday: 6 a.m.--finish set up. 6:45--swimmers check in at the Fish Tank. 7:00--Cheshire Warm Ups. 7:45--Officials meet. 8:00--Meet start
We are excited to once again host this meet--and look forward to working with the other teams to manage the different areas of the meet! If you have any questions, please let me know! Talk with you soon!