June 29, 2018
St. John’s Legends Swim Club
About the Club
The St. John’s Legends Swim Club is the largest competitive swim club in Newfoundland & Labrador with over 200 active swimmers spanning our pre-competitive development programs to our senior elite program with swimmers competing at the national level.
The Legends Swim Club employs 3 full time coaches as well as 25 part-time coaches and operates primarily out of the Aquarena Pool, with programming also taking place at the MUN Pool and the new Paul Reynolds Community Center.
Team Manager Role
Reporting to the Head Coach, the Team Manager works to facilitate the smooth operation of all Swim Club activities which include:
Communications – regular membership communication, as well as coordination of all internal and external communication activities including maintenance of the Club’s website and social media accounts.
Customer Service – supports the Board of Directors and all coaching staff on administrative matters and provides exceptional customer service to members of the swim club.
Registration – annual registration process, plus ongoing management of documentation and coordination with provincial and national governing bodies.
Event Management – coordination of hosted swim meets, team travel and registration requirements for swimmers at all external events, as well as coordination of various social events throughout the year including the annual awards banquet.
Apparel Orders – working with suppliers to ensure club apparel is available to members in a timely manner.
Accounting & Payroll – processing all revenue including membership fees, swim meet fees, apparel purchases etc., process payroll on bi-weekly basis and provide a monthly reconciliation of all accounts in Quick Books.
Qualifications & Skills
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized sports management and/or administration program or equivalent relevant program
- Highly effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and relate effectively to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to conceive, develop and implement innovative program offerings with the goal of increasing member and community engagement.
- Basic accounting experience and understanding of sports organizations would be an asset
- A satisfactory certificate of conduct is required.
This is a full time salaried position but requires a flexible schedule to meet variable club needs.
Please submit resumes to Careers@sjlegends.com by July 13, 2018.
Thank-you for your interest in the St. John’s Legends Swim Team. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.