November 27, 2018
NOVA of Virginia
Lessons - Administrative Coordinator Job Description
The Lessons Administrative Coordinator helps to manage the administrative duties associated with NOVA’s expanding Lessons and Clinic program. The primary duties are to: 1) assure that credit card payments are processed in an expeditious manner; 2) collect and keep current all swimmer contact information and medical waiver forms; and 3) manage the TeamUnify lessons registration and communication platform.
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Lessons Director (Lisa Brown) and works with the Lessons Manager (Bridget Cuthbert). This is a part-time, non-exempt position. The time commitment is approximately 6-12 hours per week on a flexible basis between the hours of 9AM-noon, Monday through Friday, and some weekends as needed. The Administrative Coordinator also covers the desk when the Lessons Manager is absent.
- Process credit card payments on NOVA’s QuickBooks system every week
- Provide information to NOVA’s accountant every week
- Work with the NOVA accountant to assure financial reconciliation for the lessons program at the close of every month
- Maintain databases and swimmer contact information
- Assure that swimmers are covered by medical and liability waivers
- Issue reports as requested by the Business Office
- Assure that lessons, clinic, lifeguard training, and NOVAFit web information is correct
- Help develop on-line tools to facilitate swimmer registration and payment
- Experience in a customer service role
- Ability to articulate and represent NOVA values and policies
- Collaborative, friendly, and responsible attitude
- Knowledge of Excel, Quickbooks, and Google Docs
Please contact Ann McGee, Executive Director, at by December 15, if you are interested in applying for this position.