May 22, 2013
It's been a busy month for our swimmers as we had several swim meets taking place since our last news email. We had a dual meet against Tampa Yacht, Countryside and the PCL relay meet. We also had a cancelled meet (Emerald Greens) due to weather last night. This coming Tuesday will be our last dual meet (Home against St. Pete) of the season and then we get ready for the PCL Championship Meet.
The swimmers throughout the season have done a great job on showing great sportsmanship and putting the effort into their races. The coaches are all very proud of everyones success this early in the season. We are looking forward to the Championship Meet.
The Relay Meet held last Friday the Palma Ceia Swim Team finished 3rd. It was a great effort by everyone at the meet. I want to thank the 13-14 girls of Abby Kynes, Morgan Krause, Rosemary Abdoney and Addison Lennon for doing the unthinkable. These girls swam one event and got back up on the blocks right away for the next event. The coaches and the team should thanks these girls for being so determined to do the best for the team. I was very happy for the positive cheering going on with this group...no matter what place they were in. This is what the Palma Ceia swim team is all about! Support your team and keep cheering for everyone.
A special thanks to 11-12 girls Katie Taulbee, Danielle Donofrio, Charlotte Holman and Birdie Frierson for making scarifices to be at the meet or the team wouldn't been able to have a relay!
It was also nice to see the Senior boys (Alex Sparks, Kent Malizia, Thompson Marston and Cameron Davidson) come together for some great racing. Alex Sparks had some great races and some of them might have been because it was his mom's birthday! Happy belated birthday Mrs. Sparks.
I would also like to thank everyone that made it to the meet as this was a great experience for all our swimmers!
At the relay meet we had many great performances with most relays finishing in the top three. The relays that finished first are listed below.
- 8 & under girls 100 free, 100 back, and 100 breast relays. The swimmers in the relays were Sara Bohacek, Ashlin Cannella, Miles Taulbee, Millay Kral, Emma Watson, Lauren Donofrio, Anne-Marie Burden and Sophia Gray.
- 8 & under boys 100 free, 100 back and 100 fly relay. The swimmers who were on these relays Devon Barkett, Reese Stichter, William Bell, Holton Roberts, and Michael Deering.
- 10 & under girls 200 free, 200 fly, 200 Medley, 200 back, and 200 breast relays. This group won all the relays in their age group. The swimmers on these relays were Casey Buckley, Maya Fisher, Haile Gould, Cailin Cannella, Olivia Roberts, and Samantha Donofrio.
Reminders - Deadline for the below events are Friday, May 24
- Sign up for last home dual meet (Meet date Tuesday, May 28th)
- Sign up for Blizzard Beach - FUN TRIP!
- Every one swims in the PCL Championship Meet (Last chance to decline)
The awards banquet will be held on Wednesday, June 12 in the Palma Ceia Ballroom. Make your reservations by calling 253-3101 EXT 210.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email.
Coach Todd Hoffmeier