January 14, 2014
It has come to our attention that several families do not have a verified email and/or SMS (cell phone texting) phone number, or, have more than one contact and one of them is not verified.
For those of you that are new to our team, it is important to remember that a LOT of communication comes via our website at www.SharksAquaticClub.com . Most information will come via email, and for urgent and/or time sensitive short-notice events such as delayed or cancelled practice, weather delays, or pool malfunctions, our coaches will send out alerts via email as well as via SMS text messages or Team Unify On-Deck alerts. In order for you, and your swimmers to receive these messages, all families should update and verify their communications information on our website.
To see a brief (2-3 minutes) Team Unify Tutorial Video on adding email and SMS information, go to http://teamunify.wistia.com/medias/5277691384
If you would like to add your swimmer’s email and cell phone, please add their contact information in their respective “member” area of your account. You will need access to their phone to finish the verification process. To add swimmer contact information, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to www.SharksAquaticClub.com and go to My Account > My Account
- Beneath your account information you should see your swimmer(s) names in the “member” section. Click the member's name for whom you want to add an email
- You will see a box for "Email and Text Messaging Setup." Click the Add Email button
- A new pop up screen will appear and allow you to enter an Email Address. Fill in and hit Send
- A verification email will be sent to that address. Once the link in that email has been clicked, a check mark will appear next to the email address under the Verified column
- This email will now be activated and used for communication through the TU website or OnDeck
- To add their cell phone number, click on “Add SMS”. Enter their phone number and your cell phone carrier, then click “verify”. This will open a window on your computer AND send a text to their phone with a verification code. Enter the verification code on your computer.
Team Unify “On Deck Parent”
If you have an iPhone or Android phone, you can download the Team Unify “On Deck Parent” app. This app is free and can give you a wealth of information such as tracking practice attendance, viewing your child’s best times and comparing them to local and national time standards, viewing past news items posted on our website as well as viewing and signing up for jobs and events to earn service hour credit.
You can learn more about “On Deck” and download the app at www.teamunify.com/__corp__/ondeck/ondeck-parent.php .
Facebook - SAC also maintains a Facebook page where we post pictures, videos and other "bragging" notes about our great swimmers at www.facebook.com/SharksAquaticClub. We encourage all families to follow us and to share the page with your extended family and friends, but please remember that events, schedules, pool outages, practice schedules, etc., will all be handled at our official site, www.SharksAquaticClub.com . If you have any pictures or videos you'd like to share on our Facebook page, just email them to Communications@SharksAquaticClub.com.
If you have any troubles verifying/adding email addresses or phone numbers for SMS, or any other questions about how we communicate, never hesitate to ask! We are always available at help@SharksAquaticClub.com