Ultimate Swimmer Thought of the Day
May 23, 2014
Ultimate Swimmer thought for the day:
"....the quality of any man's life has got to be full measure of that man's personal commitment to excellence and victory, regardless of what fields he may be in." Vince Lombardi
Instead of the Bill of Rights here is the "Young People's Bill of Responsibilities"
1. Honor my parents, my elders and my teachers/coaches.
2. Take care of my body, mind and spirit.
3. Improve myself through education, in preparation for the future.
4. Perform my work to the best of my ability.
5. Develop high moral principles and the courage to live by them.
6. Grow in character and ability as I grow in size.
7. Respect the rights and feelings of others.
8. Be honest with myself and others in everything I say and do.
9. Set a good example so others may enjoy and profit from my company.
10. Obey the laws of society and live in harmony with others.
11. Preserve and support our American way of life and the government of our people.
12. Keep in mind that I was not put on this earth to amuse myself or simply enjoy the fruits of the labors of others. I shall endeavor to be of service to my fellow man and leave the world a better place than I found it.
Today is the last day of school for most of us!! Yea, summer is here! It should be celebrated and a mental break is in order. But never forget that the best way to celebrate is having a great practice with your friends and knowing that you did everything in your power today to improve in mind, body and spirit and that you made the world a better place.
Even as our schedule changes and we enjoy some sleeping in and a few naps, let's set new goals and commit to excellence more than ever. My personal goal this summer is to give up all cokes and to do 25 push-ups a day. What's yours? Even though we can have fun and sleep some more, remember we are only about 8 weeks away from championship meets. How you live and train the next 4-6 weeks is critical for your success. Summer is the perfect time to increase responsibilities and improve habits:)
As a way of saying thanks to all of the people who died serving our country and securing our freedoms, lets keep reading, training and obeying our parents.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Keep Streamlining and Keep Smiling!