News from the FL Swimming Annual Meetings
October 6, 2014
Thank you to KSA Swimmers Joshua Longfield and Nicolas Moran who attending this year's FL Swimming House of Delegates meeting. Here are some important topics that we covered in the annual FL Swimming meetings.
- Congratulations to Coach Crystal Tavares, the new Area 2 Representative to FL Swimming!
- Area 2 (Central FL) will host a relay only meet in January 2015! This meet will have both sanctioned and unsanctioned relays and will be a ton of fun!
- Florida Age Group Championships (FLAGs) - finals will be combined age groups 11-12, 13-14 again. Qualifying cuts will remain single age groups - 11, 12, 13, 14. Cuts will be released soon!
- FLAG's Meet will separate out the 10&Under session to after prelims for 11-12 & 13-14.
- FLAGS Meets for 2015 - Spring March 12-15th in Sarasota, Summer July 16-19th in Sarasota
- FLAGS Spring 2016 - March 10-13th - Sarasota
- Senior Champs Meets for 2015 - Spring February 26-March 1st in Orlando, Summer July 23-26th in Fort Pierce.
- Senior Champs Spring 2016 - February 25-28th - Orlando
- Sectionals 2015 - Spring March 12-14th in Plantation (South FL), Summer July 9-12th in Orlando.
- Sectionals Spring 2016 - March 10-13th - Orlando
- Summer Sectionals 2015 and FL Age Group Champs will serve as selection for FL Zone Team.
- 2015 ALL Florida Senior Circut will be 2-day format, 2016 may be 3-day format since its an Olympic Year.