Things to Do BEFORE Time Trials and Meets
May 1, 2017
Hi Screamin' Geese!
We are really excited for a GEESE-TASTIC Season! There are a number of items the KFST Board would like to call to the attention of all our families as we approach our first meet.
- Commit to meets and jobs NOW!!! You will use the website to let the coaches know about your kids’ availability for meets, to sign up to volunteer at meets and other events, and to indicate attendance for social events! The Board will use the website to communicate with you ALL SEASON LONG.
- COMMIT TO MEETS.
Here are the steps to register your child’s availability for
meets this season. (REGULAR TEAM ONLY –
DOES NOT APPLY TO PRE-TEAM KICK BOARD
- Log into the website. www.kingfarmswimteam.com
- Click on the “EVENTS” tab where you will see, among other things, all meets of the season (Time Trials, 5 “A” meets, 5 “B” meets, and both “A” and “B” relay carnivals).
- Click “attend this meet” button next for each meet and time trials.
- Click on each child’s name and indicate their attendance by selecting either YES or NO for that meet, then save.
- Repeat for each child for
each of the 13 meets.
- Do not worry about whether your child will qualify for an “A” Meet or if they need to be excluded from a “B” Meet. This step only informs the coaches who is available or not available.
- Do not register for any specific events - JUST INDICATE YES OR NO. Coaches will place swimmers in events.
- SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER.
We cannot run our meets and events without the consistent
volunteerism of our parents. We ask that every parent
volunteer at least 15 hours during the season, and there are many
positions that require little or no training that virtually anyone
can do regardless of experience. Volunteering is
- Log into the website.
- Click on the “EVENTS” tab where you will see all of our 2016 meets and events. We need parent volunteers for every event. Each event will have a
- JOB SIGN-UP button. Click on the Job Sign-up button and a list of volunteer positions will appear. If a position is already filled, you will see a name next to it. If a position is open, you will see “-------“ next to it.
- Check the box next to the
open position(s) you want to fill, and click the
- For our specialized meet positions that require training or certification (referee, starter, stroke & turn, computer rep, clerk of course, etc.), we ask that qualified parents go through the entire season and select ALL the meets that you will work.
- If there’s a particular job you are willing to do all year (i.e., meet runner at all “B” meets), please go through and sign up all dates for those for all dates that you will be filling that job.
- Remember to look at events like the Friday night family dinners – we need volunteers for those too, and those are easy ways to fulfill your volunteerism quota for the year.
- When you have filled in all of your volunteer choices, you can print a report of all your volunteer dates by clicking on EVENTS, REPORTS, then choosing “JOB SIGNUP REPORT FOR MY ACCOUNT”.
- CAN’T ATTEND EVENT. If you cannot attend an event you indicate your availability as NO on the event for your swimmer that is not available. If you have previously indicated your child can attend an event and your plans change, PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR AVAILABILITY TO NO or your child will get scheduled to swim instead of another swimmer.
- PRE-TEAM PARENTS will not have as many opportunities to volunteer since they generally don’t attend A & B meets; however, we encourage our pre-team parents to volunteer at other events – look over the list & find a way to be active with the team.
- REMINDER EMAILS For all events, you will get at least 1 email reminder with a link to follow to go to that event. You will not get reminders about practice, but we will e-mail out notices for cancelations, changes, etc., so please check your e-mails and the website frequently.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER Changes to Practice due to inclement weather will be sent out via email! If weather is very cold and pool is open please bring clothes and shoes for an “ON DECK” workout!
- NEED HELP? There will be a Board member on deck with a laptop from 5:00-7:00 PM the first week of practice.
- WE ASK THAT YOU TAKE THE TIME TO COMPLETE THE TASKS ABOVE SO THAT YOUR BOARD OF PARENT VOLUNTEERS IS BETTER ABLE TO ORGANIZE EVENTS, MEETS, AND ACTIVITIES FOR THE SEASON. PLEASE HELP US ORGANIZE THE SEASON FOR OUR FANTASTIC SWIMMERS!