Exciting Pre-Championship News!
March 8, 2017
Victor Swim Club,
Our family has grown a little bigger just in time for Champs Once Again Nut Butter as a new sponsor of Victor Swim Club with an emphasis on Championship Weekend.. Victor Swim Club is proud to announce
For those of you unfamiliar with this company, check out their website for more information. They are regular sponsors of triathlons in the area in large part of their motto "We Spread Integrity". Their products are fantastic, healthy, sustainable, and packed with the protein and energy our athletes need. We are privileged to have their logo aside ours at the upcoming meet.
With such a dynamic company, we wanted to do something unique that would make a splash at Championship Weekend. Together with Once Again Nut Butter, we have created the "Once Again Press Zone". This area will be set up on deck headlines by an 8x8 foot 'press backdrop' that incorporates the VSC Logo, Once Again's Logo, and Our 2017 Bronze Medal Club logo. Throughout the meet, we want to encourage coaches and swimmers to use their phones for taking pictures with the banner and doing mini press conferences at appropriate times throughout the meet. We want to encourage everyone doing this to post these pictures and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. The following are some pointers to help ensure these posts are professional and engaging:
1. Get only the press backdrop in the background when taking pictures and videos.
2. Hold the phone/camera steady and at eye level of the subject (holding the phone up looking down for selfies is appropriate however).
3. Engage with Once Again Nut Butter directly (encourage everyone to like and follow them). Engage with them on the platform you do the best:
a. Facebook @OnceAgainNutButter
b. Twitter @OnceAgainEsop
c. Instagram @once_again_nut_butter
4. Hashtags you can use: #WorkWorks; #WeSpreadIntegrity; #swimming; #OnceAgain; #OnceAgainPressZone; #FriYay; #FridayFunday; #FridayFitness; #FridayNight; #SocialSaturday; #SaturdayNight; #SelfieSunday; #SundayFunday; #SwimBiz
5. Engage with well know swimming sites (SwimSwam, USA Swimming, Niagara Swimming; Swimming World; Florida Gators Swimming and Diving).
6. This is great, quick read for coming up with some 'interview' questions to ask a swimmer after a race ( http://bit.ly/2mhhgRZ).
In addition to engaging with Once Again Nut Butter online, we encourage VSC members to try their product. According to their website, product is available for purchase at the Fairport Road Wegmans (this is one near East Rochester, not in Perinton). If you are able to make it out there before the meet to purchase some product to consume at the meet (and post about it!), it would go a long way to showing this new sponsor we are committed to their product. We also encourage you to shop on their website and split a case of peanut butter with another swim family so you can begin to enjoy the taste that is Once Again.
Lastly, we are launching our new @VictorSwimClub Facebook page. As the team grows and we engage with new sponsors, it is imperative that we have a Facebook business page to afford us the opportunity of outreach, marketing, and development. We encourage all swimmers and their family to personally invite as many people they feel comfortable with to like and follow the page. As time progresses, it will become a destination page for swimmers across the country to gather high-level swimming information, resources, and information. If everyone can invite 10 people to like the page, we will be well on our way to an established business page that will further out goal of attracting sponsors. Please note that the current Victor Swim Club group will be staying for the purpose of Victor Swim Club 'business' (finding lifeguards for practice, team-only messages, etc.). It will be a transition but is one that has been discussed for a year.
We look forward to this weekend and hope that the small addition of the Once Again Press Zone will make this a memorable meet.
A HUGE/SPECIAL thank you to our Team Admin, Matthew Steffen, for putting countless hours on working toward our 1st corportate sponsor, especially one that promotes healthy living and fitness!