March 15, 2017
Both our short course records and long course records have been updated. You can access the records by hitting the "Records" tab at www.pumaswim.org. We've had some really incredible swims and are proud of all of the hard work our Puma swimmers and coaches do. New records achieved will be updated after every meet.
Current Puma Swimmer Record Highlights:
- Galen Penvenne: 13 Short Course Records. 8 Long Course Records. Jr. National, Sr National, and US Open Time Standards achieved.
- Tyra Popovich: 4 Short Course Records. 6 Long Course Records. Will be swimming on scholarship with Pitzer in the Fall of 2017.
- Amanda Wilson: 4 Short Course Records. Currently being recruited by multiple Division I schools.
- Clay Bitler: 25 short course records. 7 Long Course Records
- Austin Bitler: 5 Long Course Records
- Sedona Bitler: 11 Short Course Records. 2 Long Course Records
- Colton Teneyck: 1 Short Course Record. 8 Long Course Records
- Kylie Bell: 2 Short Course Records. 8 Long Course Records
- Emilie Giannini: 2 Short Course Records. 1 Long Course Record
- Kieran Dolan: 2 Short Course Records
PUMA Alumni Record Holder Highlights
- Zachary Stevens: Currently swimming with Cal Berkeley. Qualified and swam in the last 2 Olympic Trials. In 2012 was one of only 4 16 year old boys to qualify for the Olympic Trials.
- Elyse Peterson: swam with a full scholarship at Washington State University. Placed in the top 16 at NCAA's in the 100 breaststroke. School record holder in the 100 breaststroke.
- Trent Popovich: Swam with a full scholarship for 4 years at Howard University. Broke 2 individual and 2 relay records during his tenure.
- Jake Hammack: 5-time Deaf Olympian representing Team USA in international competition. Multiple Gold, Silver, and Bronze medalist.
- Mia Schachter: Completed 4 years of swimming at Tulane University on a full scholarship. Broke multiple team records and swam at NCAA Championships multiple times.
- Uula Auren: Swam on scholarship at Northwestern University for 4 years. Was on the Finish National team.
- Genie Cheng: Swam for Penn State. A top freestyler and backstroker for Penn State all 4 years.
- Grace Oeser: Currently swimming for Cal Baptist and has competed in the last 2 NCAA Division 1 championships.
- Gaby Penvenne: Currently swimming at UC Santa Barbara. Consistently one of the top sprint freestylers and flyers on the team and in her conference.
- Alan Peterson: Swam for 4 years at Cal Poly specializing in mid-distance to distance freestyle events. Received special recognition and an award as a top scholar athlete from CP.
- Tyler Andree: Currently swimming for UC Santa Cruz specializing in IM, Fly, and Breast. Voted team captain.
- Hannah Bratton: swam for 4 years at UC Santa Cruz. In her time there became a top backstroker.
- Ryan Springer-Carter: Currently swimming for UC Santa Cruz. Specializing in sprint freestyle and current record holder.
- Peter Malouf: Junior National qualifier in the 100 and 200 breaststoke.
- Kirsten Forsberg: Former Puma record holder. Full ride scholarship to Yale University. Swam and played water polo for the Bulldogs.
****Please contact the office at [email protected] if you feel there may be an error for any of our records.