August 2, 2017
Mercury Swim Club
Associate Head Coach:
Mercury Swimming is Livingston County’s premier competitive swim club. We offer a year round USA Swimming program for competitive age group (7-22 years old) swimmers and are seeking an Associate Head Swim Coach to work with the Head Swim Coach. The team practices out of local high school facilities six days per week.
This position requires a motivated, enthusiastic coach with significant experience and knowledge in competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and maturity to communicate with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, and the club's head and assistant coaches. Candidate will be contracted by MERC's Board of Directors and will work with the board and head coach to promote the overall success of the club. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Completion of high school
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of basic Niagara and USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Oversee and manage swim practices and attend swim meets in a coordinated effort with the Head Coach. (The Head Coach will be "on-deck" whenever possible.)
- Work with the Head Coach to implement age-appropriate swim programs for all swimmers, including personal goal setting. Inspire and challenge each swimmer to achieve his or her goals and develop positive self-esteem.
- Attend Niagara LSC meetings if the Head Coach cannot attend.
- Work with the Head Coach to implement practice schedules and ability group structures that are cohesive within the team. Help to supervise assistant coaches and on-deck coaching for all age groups.
- Display professional behavior at all times when representing Mercury Swimming (e.g., at practices, meets, and other club events).
If interested in the position or for additional information, contact club President Roger Evans at 585-730-9527 (email@example.com) or Head Coach Chris Everett at 585-519-1269 (firstname.lastname@example.org)