February 26, 2018
We are pleased to offer new certification clinics for Stroke and Turn Officials, Admin Officials and Starters. Apprentice and Certified Officials receive service credit for all sessions worked.
STROKE AND TURN / ADMIN OFFICIAL
Come and join us for a USA Swimming Officials Clinic on Saturday, March 17th at the Triangle Aquatic Club in Cary from 8:30-11:30am. We are offering two clinics for individuals wishing to become USA Swimming Officials.
STROKE AND TURN: This clinic covers everything you'll need to get started towards your certification as a Stroke and Turn Official. The clinic will include live demonstrations.
ADMIN OFFICIAL: This clinic will provide you the essentials on starting your training as an admin official. Classroom training will cover all of the relevant areas of responsibility of the AO position.
These clinics will begin at 8:30am together to cover the essentials of being a USA certified official, including registration, a USA Swimming orientation and the off-deck / on-deck requirements of both positions.
This clinic will offer you the opportunity to begin your certification training as a Starter. Please note the pre-requisites below:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Must be a USA certified Stroke & Turn Judge for a minimum of 1 year and have worked a minimum of 18 sessions at a USA Swimming sanctioned or approved meet.
- You may take the clinic if you are within 2 months of your 1 year anniversary or within 3 sessions.
- Recommendation letter from a NCS starter or referee in good standing.
This will be completed following the clinic:
- Must make application to the NCS starter training coordinator with an email of your intentions along with your recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the starter training coordinator has verified the individual has met all requirements satisfactorily, approval to enter the starter apprenticeship program will be given. The starter coordinator along with the apprentice will select a mentor who will assist the apprentice during the apprenticeship process.
This clinic will be held on-deck at the Triangle Aquatic Center March 17th from 8:30-10am. There will be 30 minutes of classroom instruction then 60 minutes of live demonstration. All attendees will have the opportunity to practice starting at the clinic.