September 1, 2017
Welcome to the 2017-18 TYDE Swim Season! We hope that you are all looking forward to the beginning of a new swim season and a new school year next week, and we want to start by thanking each of you for joining us for another year of personal and team growth and lots of fast swimming.
If you are receiving this message, then your swimmer(s) has been registered for the new season in our system and is ready to start swimming the week of 8/28.
There are a couple of important notes that we wanted to share with all families as well as some site-specific information that will affect your first practice days. Overall, our goal with this first week is to get swimmers back into the water, to help swimmers and coaches start to develop their relationships and to make sure everyone is in the right place for the season ahead. Other notes are as follows:
- Yadkin & Lexington Families: Please look for a separate email concerning practice adjustments due to pool maintenance at each location.
- TYDE Group Structure: As we move into the new season, swimmers of all levels should see the benefits of our enhanced program structure and swimming curriculum. Beginning with the new Prep Academy, groups have been developed with a focus on consistent flow and progression so that all swimmers can find a place that meets their age and developmental needs. All groups are focused on helping swimmers to progress with a strong foundation of skills, knowledge and a love of the sport that will translate into more and faster swimming as swimmers grow.
- Practice Plans for
the first 3 weeks:
- Week 1 (8/28/17): Normal practice will be run for all sites Monday-Friday. There will be no Saturday or morning practices this week for any group (unless that is your primary practice time).
- Week 2
(9/4/17): No Practice for ANY group on Labor Day.
There will be no morning practice this week unless otherwise specified by your group coach. Saturday mornings WILL begin on 9/9 (look for an email with specifics closer to time).
- Week 3 (9/11/17): Full practice week for all groups.
- Chain of
Communication: Communication is a big focus for us as
a team this year. We hope that all families feel comfortable
reaching out to us whenever you have questions or concerns.
To help aid this we have updated coach contact information on the
“Site & Practices” tab on the website.
If your group or site coach is not able to help, please feel free to contact your lead TYDE staff and we will be happy to help or get you in touch with the right person.
Family Account on swimtyde.org:
All accounts for new and returning swimmers have been reactivated and your swimmer is on the practice roster for the group you requested.
Returning TYDE families will have the same password as last year unless you changed your primary login email address on your registration. If you are new to TYDE (or changed your primary email address with your registration), you should have received login instructions and an email verification request when your account was activated. If you did not these emails, please let us know asap at email@example.com and we will resend as soon as possible.
Please add the following address to your email contacts list to ensure you receive all communication from TYDE: firstname.lastname@example.org. This will keep emails from being sent to your spam or junk mail folder or bounced back to us as undeliverable due to spam blockers on your account.
All parents/guardians should login and access your account on swimtyde.org as soon as possible. Once on the webpage, click on “My Account” and look through the contact, family and swimmer information. It is important that we have your information correct in our system so please review it carefully.
- Note 1: You are able to adjust or add some information on the website. Please update or correct anything that you can. If there is an error in a field you can’t change, please notify email@example.com and we will correct it.
- Note 2: Please add your cell phone number and service provider in the SMS fields on the account page to receive text messages from us. Text messages will be used to relay information like emergency practice changes or pool closures. We will not text general info daily.
- Note 3: Please check to ensure that all your swimmers are also listed and they are showing in the correct roster groups and practice sites.
We look forward to seeing you all at the pools on Monday! Please feel free to contact myself, Leann or any of your TYDE Coaches if you have questions or concerns.