September 13, 2017
- Upcoming practice changes –
- Saturday, September 16-Senior 1 & 2 will have a special dryland session 7-8 AM and then swim 8 – 10 AM, no weights afterwards
- Saturday, September 16 – AG 1 & 2 will be OFF- we have a coaches meeting at that time this Saturday
- Lindsay’s Law paperwork is due back Immediately!
- Age Group 3 and 4 – are back on track to swim starting Monday, September 18 – they may swim in the Ferris pool (temperature is turned up). We will let you know what pool before Monday.
- Registration reminders - Please be sure to register both at the front desk and on our website!
- BASH parent meeting will be Sunday, September 23 – Parents only please, oeuvres, desserts and social time starts at 5:30 PM, meeting will start about 6:15 PM or so. Usually about an hour. ALL Families need to send at least one parent, even our long time families. We are going over a few new policies for the upcoming season and will need you there to listen and sign off on the paperwork.
- Our team physical therapist will be here TODAY Wednesday, September 13th. Everyone 12 and up, especially new swimmers, are invited to be evaluated. Any Age Group 1 and Senior 3 swimmers 12+ are invited to come early to practice on Wednesday for these evaluations.
- Most of our swim meet schedule is on our website- we will supply details about each meet at our upcoming parent meeting.
- Last call for new swimmers – if you have friend or neighbors who may want to join our team, please contact Coach Bill ASAP about scheduling a private try out.
- Morning/before school practices for the Senior groups will not begin until October, more details to follow when we get closer. We need to get into “shape” a bit before we offer mornings.
- Please do not bring any valuables to the YMCA unless you have a lock to lock them up in a locker. We always seem to have someone have something taken each year!
- Suit fitting Saturday, September 30 from 9-11 AM at the Y, we will also have a “used equipment sale” that morning also. Details to follow.
- Make sure you check the practice schedule and know when and where swim practice is for your group, we are on the September /Fall schedule for Senior 1-2-3 and AG 1-2. We will be on the Winter Schedule for AG 3-4 starting Monday, September 18 (they have no special outdoor swimming schedule).
- You only need to be at practice a few minutes before the start time, other activities are going on in the pool before practice starts and we need to wait until their time is up.
- Parents are to watch practice from the lobby areas at the YMCA, no parents on the pool deck – this only causes your swimming to pay attention to you and not to their coach.
- If you need to talk to your coach, do so before or after practice, not during practice. Or send them an email.
- Younger Swimmers do not need to come to all practices – AG 4 2 x per week, AG 2 & 3 about 3 x per week, AG 1 at least 4-5 x per week, Senior 3 should swim 4 x per week, Senior 2 6 x per week, Senior 1 all practices offered.
- Usually, the first few weeks of swim practice are very crowded; everyone wants to get off to a great start. After a few weeks, families figure out that schedule works best for them, practices thin out a bit and more individual attention is available. You’ll find that some practices are crowded, others are light in attendance, but in either case our coaches will be working on all the skills and training each group needs to become better swimmers.
- After approximately 1 month, the coaches will all do a review of their training groups and there MAY BE a few swimmers changing training groups, we’ll let you know if your swimmer needs to change groups by October 15th.
- Still looking for a tee-shirt design for this season – pass ideas on to Coach Bill ASAP!
- We’ve had a great start to our swim practices for our swimmers! Looking forward to another great season.