October 8, 2017
Good evening Gators! Here are the items for this week’s newsletter:
- Practice Schedule: We have a normal practice schedule this week, including practices on Saturday. Green group, remember that there is land practice available on Monday and Thursday evenings at 6:15.
- CPAL Invitational – 2017 Aquafest: Our first invitational of the season is Sunday, November 12th. Please visit the “Events” tab on our website, www.eacgators.com to indicate whether your swimmer will be attending. When you click on the title of the event, it will bring up a brief information page showing the registration deadline, price per event, and a link to the pdf that contains the meet details, including the events that your swimmer can choose from. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. Note that the registration deadline for this invitational is Friday, October 13th. Monday is due by Monday, October 16th.
- White Group: If your swimmer is in Coach Ken’s lane during white practice, please have them bring a pair of socks to practice. They will wear them with the fins so that the fins fit a little better.
- New Parent Meeting: Just a quick reminder that there will be a meeting for new EAC parents (and anyone else who would like a refresher) on Tuesday evening, October 10th at 6:15 pm in the Jaywalk area.
- Swim caps: Swim cap orders are due on Monday, October 16th. Information on placing your order is on the order form that is attached.
- EAC drawstring backpacks: If your swimmer did not receive their 2016-2017 EAC swimmer gift, please let me know and I’d be happy to put one in their folder at the pool.
- Coach Spotlight: Tonight, we are featuring one of our new coaches at EAC, Coach Alex Shubert. Here are some fun facts about him:
- In the modern era, I have been coaching for four weeks. Although in a former life I did coach Willowood in 1994 (-ish) and the EAHS team for a number of years in the late 1990's. I am a proud alum of EAC!
- My favorite thing about coaching is watching kids improve in both technique and times. And working with Kelly Gillette again.
- color is purple
- food is Old Bay crabs
- holiday is Halloween
- stroke is breaststroke (but I loved swimming the I.M. and butterfly is by far the prettiest stroke when swum correctly!)
- My piece of advice to swimmers is: Set goals. You will get out of swimming what you put into it. And most importantly have FUN!!!
- Green Group Video: Here are the videos for stroke night this week:
That's it for tonight's newsletter. I know that was a lot of information, so thanks for hanging in there. See you at the pool!