Scholastic All-Americans for LHY
October 10, 2017
Congratulations to LHY Swimmers Katie Kiely, Mary Laurita, and Sean Tan for earning the USA Swimming Scholastic All-American honors for 2016-2017! Their hard work in the pool and in the classroom has paid off with this great achievement! Requirements to earn this honor are as follows:
- Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 10th, 11th, or 12th grade GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year.
- A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79.
- Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, arts (visual and performing), computer sciences. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated - band, choir, health, driver education, physical education, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
- There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
- Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to a 2016 Winter Junior qualifying time in any individual event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2016 – August 15, 2017) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.