October 26, 2017
Port Orange Pool will be closed October 27-29. All practices have been moved to Ormond YMCA. Friday Practice Schedule: Senior – 3:30 pm, Age Group – 5:00 pm, Bronze – 5:30 pm. Saturday Practice Schedule: Senior – 7:30 am
UPCOMING MEETS & DEADLINES
Patriot Aquatics Meet – November 10, 2017
- November 12, 2017
Lake Brantley High School, Altamonte Springs
Registration Deadline - November 1, 2017
DBS Turkey Classic – November 18, 2017 (DBS Swimmers ONLY)
Port Orange YMCA, Port Orange
Registration Deadline - November 13, 2017
Remember we Swim for TURKEYS!!
MEETS & BILLING:
November 1st is around the corner. Please note your November bill this month will reflect your monthly dues and the $35 fee per swimmer for the Lochte Classic meet fee. If you wish to place your account on HOLD, please contact email@example.com by the 15th of the month BEFORE the month your hold will begin. Your account will not be placed on hold with an outstanding balance
Below you’ll find a few reminders about our meet fees and the billing processes.
DBS Meet Fees
- Meet Information for all meets are posted on the website. You must click the button to enter meet before posted Deadline! You choose the days/sessions and events. NEW BILLING PROCESS: You will be billed the week before the meet (effective Oct 1, 2017)
- We have 3-4 mandatory home meets/year. If it is a mandatory meet, you’ll see in the communication about that meet. Even though it is mandatory you still must sign up.
- For EVERY home meet each family must provide a volunteer for each session their child is swimming - if you have two swimmers, you must provide two volunteers. Families will be assessed a fee if they do not help out. Swim meets cannot run without volunteers.
- You can choose your volunteer position when you sign up for the meet.
WHY MANDATORY MEETS? Several years ago we implemented mandatory meets so we could get rid of the $100/swimmer fundraising commitment. Parents agree that watching their child swim (even if it is just 1 or 2 events) was better than selling coupon books, discount cards, etc. With mandatory meets, all families are billed ($35 per swimmer) whether they swim or not. Our mandatory meets are the Winter Invitational (Feb), Spring Invitational (April), Summer Open (June) and Lochte Classic (September).
DBS Billing Policy
- All accounts will be billed on a monthly basis
- All accounts will be billed on the 1st for the upcoming month.
- All accounts will be due by the 1st of the month.
- All accounts not paid by the 15th of the month will be assessed a late fee. Late fees are $10 per swimmer per month.
- If the account is not paid by the 15th of the month, your child will not be allowed in the pool and will not be signed up for future meets until the account is brought current.
- Payments returned by the bank will incur a $30.00 charge
- If your bill is not paid in full - you will not be able to swim in meets - or attach to another team.
PLEASE REMEMBER: If you need to put your account on HOLD please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the month BEFORE the month your hold will begin. Your account must be paid in full before a HOLD can be placed on your account. Example #1: You would like to go on HOLD from Sept - Oct for HS season please contact us by Aug 15th to put your account on hold. Example #2 You would like to put your Account on hold for November - March please contact us by Oct 15th.
PRACTICE GROUP NOTE:
High School Group in Port Orange (starts November 1):
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday ONLY 3:30p-4:30p (starts Nov 1)
BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD in Port Orange (starts October 30):
- Bronze: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Silver: Monday - Friday 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Gold: Monday - Friday 4:30pm-6:00pm