January 16, 2018
Our Champs Season is quickly approaching, and I wanted to communicate a few things regarding Champs.
● We expect all of our swimmers to compete in at least one championship meet.
● We encourage swimmers to compete in multiple champs meets.
It is in the best interest of the swimmers for them to compete in as many events as possible in a championship format. Because there are event limitations at each champs meet, this necessitates attending multiple meets to maximize end-of-season opportunities. Please see the eligibility report below to get an idea of what meets your swimmer will be attending.
Swimmers should attend the combination of meets that gives them the most events possible. In some cases, swimmers may swim Bronze, Silvers, and JO’s. More commonly, however, swimmers would attend a Bronze/Silvers combination or a Silvers/JO’s combination.
If you cannot attend multiple meets, please contact me and we can discuss which meet would serve as the best end-of-season meet for your swimmer.
CHAMPS ELIGIBILITY REPORT (as of 1.16.19)
● This report shows the champs meets for which your swimmer is qualified by event.
● This report will be updated after every meet.
● If your swimmer ages up prior to any Champs meet, this report will be inaccurate for that swimmer.
● If there is no label for an event for your swimmer, that event is not offered at Champs.
● 8&U Swimmers: Will compete at SJAC Mini Showdown. Cannot compete in Bronze. Can swim in Silver and JO provided they have the qualification times.
● 15&O Swimmers: events are only labeled if they have the Senior Champs cut. All other times are automatically qualified for Silver Champs.
Feb 24, 25 SJAC Mighty Mini Showdown No Time Standards
March 1-4 Junior Olympics @ York, PA TIME STANDARDS
March 10-11 Bronze champs @ NPAC TIME STANDARDS
March 23-25 Silver Champs @ Central York TIME STANDARDS
March 28-31 Senior Champs @ York, PA TIME STANDARDS
IMPORTANT NOTES ON EACH MEET
SJAC Mighty Mini Showdown
We will be attending this meet as our Championship Meet for our 8&U swimmers. We are hoping to see all of our 8&U swimmers attend.
All JO swimmers should plan on attending two champs meets.
● If swimmers have a few swims at JO’s, they should also be swimming at Silver Champs and they may compete at Senior Champs as well.
● If swimmers have many events at JO’s, they should also be swimming at Senior Champs.
● Swimmers who qualify for Silver Champs at Bronze Champs will be able to enter and compete in Silver Champs.
● Bronze Champs is only for swimmers ages 14&U. There are no events for 15&O at Bronze Champs.
● Swimmers who qualify for both events at Bronze and events at Silvers should compete in both Bronze and Silvers.
● 15&O swimmers who do not qualify for Senior Champs automatically qualify for Silver Champs.
● Swimmers who qualify for Senior Champs at Silver Champs may enter and compete at Senior Champs.
● Swimmers 14&U must have times that are faster than Bronze and Slower than JO in each event that they enter.
● Swimmers who qualify for events at both Silvers and JO should participate in both meets.
● Swimmers who qualify for events at both Silvers and Bronze should participate in both meets.
● Swimmers who qualify for events at Bronze, Silvers, and JO, should compete in the combination of meets that give them the most events to swim.
● We are pinpointing Senior Champs as our big end-of-season meet for our Senior Group.
● We will not be attending Senior Sectionals or Eastern Zone Age Group Champs this season.
● Senior Sectionals is held Mar 22-25.
○ This is too close to PIAA States.
● Eastern Zone Age Group Champs is March 29-31
○ This overlaps with Senior Champs.
○ Swimmers who would go to Eastern Zone Age Group Champs will instead participate in Senior Champs as part of our team approach to the meet.
AGE-UP ISSUES AND RESOLUTIONS
- Swimmers who have Silver Champs cuts, but age up between March
11 and March 23, and lose those Silver Cuts as a result, should
swim Bronze Champs in the next Age Group.
- EXAMPLE: Swimmer A is 12 year old and has 10 Silver Champs Cuts, making him/her ineligible to compete in Bronze. Swimmer turns 13 on March 18th, losing his/her Silver Cuts prior to Silvers, and is also now ineligible to swim Silver Champs. This swimmer should swim Bronze Champs as a 13 year-old.
We have the following meets remaining prior to our Champs Season. These meets will be the last opportunities to qualify for champs meets.
1. EMAC Winter Invite Jan 26-28
2. BLUE Duck Hunt’n Derby Feb 9-11
3. BLUE Mini Derby Feb 10, 11
If you are not signed up for these meets, and you would like to participate, please email Coach Doug. The deadlines for registration are passed, but I will see what I can do.
- There are many ribbons and team gear still in family folders. Make sure you check your folder in the stands.
- We are no longer using the black box for payment. Instead, we have added a folder in the family folder box titled, “EMAC Office.” If you have payments that need to get to the office, please place them in that folder.