February 19, 2018
Here are some details for this week...
1. Practice Schedule - We will have a normal practice schedule this week.
2. Divisionals - Held Saturday, February 24th at Cumberland Valley High School. We will receive our assigned warm-up times Wednesday evening, and I will pass them along to all of you. To get up-to-date meet information directly from the league, text CPAL18 to 84483. The meet for the 11 & unders starts at 8:30, and the meet for the 12 & overs starts at 1:15. Admission is $3.00 per person (Children 12 & under are free.) Please remember (and respect) the rules at CV:
- No food or drink (except water) in the seating area
- No reserving, marking, saving seats
- No blocking of designated walkways and stairs
- No large bags, backpacks, blankets, etc.
- No chairs or bleacher seats are allowed in the balcony area
- "By order of the fire marshal and CV school district, we can NOT allow more than 375 spectators in the spectator gallery at any time. Thank you for your understanding. In order for all families to have a positive experience, we suggest that you bring chairs and blankets to set up in the hallway, lobby, or other available areas within the school, then walk up to the balcony to watch your swimmer."
3. All Stars - Held Sunday, February 25th at Palmyra High School. Based on the results at Divisionals (combined results from our Division as well as Division 1-A), the top 16 swimmers in each individual event and top 6 relays will advance to All Stars. Even though Palmyra is only a 6-lane pool, they are still going to have the top 16 individuals swim at All Stars, so there will be three heats of those events instead of two. To know when results are posted, text CPAL18 to 84483 (same as above). The meet start times will be roughly the same as they were for Divisionals, and we will let you know warm-up times as soon as we have them. Admission is $5 for adults and children 12 & over.
4. Banquet - Our banquet is schedule for Sunday evening, March 11th. Doors will open at 5:00 and the progam will begin at 5:30. We will NOT be having dinner this year. Instead, we will be spending the time on a few other fun things (we're still working on confirming those). But we WILL have dessert!! :-) Seniors, start thinking about memories to share and advice to give.
Have a great week!