February 22, 2018
Miami Country Day Aquatics
With the championship season right around the corner, Miami Country Day Aquatics swimmers are more than ready for March Madness (March 3-4 Area 3 Championships at Pembroke Pines, March 16-18 Junior Olympics at Coral Springs and March 22-25 Senior Championships at Pembroke Pines). Swimmers got in one final tune up with a solid weekend of racing at this past weekend’s Gulliver Winter Invitational. With 23 swimmers (13 boys and 10 girls) The Country Day Aquatics Swim Team ended the weekend with 77 new Lifetime Bests. Here is the breakdown by training group:
Pathways – 1 swimmers – 1 new LTB
Bronze – 6 swimmers – 11 new LTB’s
Silver – 8 swimmers – 32 new LTB’s
Gold – 0 swimmers – 0 new LTB’s
Sr. Development – 2 swimmers – 12 new LTB’s
Sr. Elite – 6 swimmers – 20 new LTB’s
For the second meet in a row - congratulations to the Silver Group for having the most signups and the most Lifetime Bests! What a great job!
We also had 4 new Club Record s. Congratulations to:
Russell Meltzer (9-10) 100 Fly - 1:53.58
Brianna Ray (11-12) 1650 Free - 22:13.38
Ben Wilson (15-16) 100 Free - :50.43 & 100 Back - :59.87
For a more in depth look at the individual meet results click here .
I would like to welcome the Sewiol family to the MCDA Swim Team. Please say hello to Isabel (16). Isabel joins us from the iPrep Academy and will be joining our Sr. Development Group.
NEW QUARTER / SUMMER PLANS
Just a quick reminder, the end of the winter quarter is Wednesday, February 28th. The Spring Quarter will start on March 1st. Please remember that the Team Unify System will automatically bill the swimming dues in the wee hours on March 1st. If for any reason we need to make a change to your account; ie. Status or Payment Set Up, please alert us before the quarter comes to an end.
Also I wanted to remind you that we will be offering our swim team all summer long. We will have a few specialty camps so please be on the lookout for those as well.
REMINDERS / MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Final Call - AREA 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS. Meet entries need to be submitted by Monday 2/26/18. If you are interested in attending now is your last chance to lets us know.
- SAVE THE
- Friday & Saturday, February 23rd & 24th – NO PRACTICE – Water Polo tournament at MCDS
- Saturday-Sunday, March 3rd-4th – Area 3 Championships, this is for all without JO or Sr. Champs cuts
- Friday-Sunday, March 16th-18th – Junior Olympics, Qualifiers only
- Friday-Sunday, March 22nd-25th – Senior Championships, Qualifiers only
- Thursday, April 5th – Swim Team Banquet, more info to follow
- Saturday, April 14th – FGC Sprint Invite, to be held at Miami Dade North Campus
- Friday-Sunday, April 27th-28th – Jon Olsen Gold Medal Invite, to be held at Flounder Park in Islamorada
- Friday-Sunday, May 18th–20th – Gulliver Summer Invite, this is for all groups
- Monday-Friday, June 4th-8th – Coach Scheingoltz’s Technique Swim Camp