February 25, 2018
WHAT TIME IS IT? RIGHT NOW…
Our Championships’ March Madness. Ready for lots of FUN and FAST Swimming!!.
ARE YOU READY? BRING IT ON…
Your swimmers are being prepped at ever practice to be at their BEST at our Championship Meets.
As we now approach our end of season Championship meets, coaches wish to express our gratitude to our swimmers and families for all the dedication, determination, and support over this past 2017-18 Short Course Winter Season. Kids participating in "A" & "AA" Championship will be receiving their SPY Championship Swim Caps week of February 26th.
This will be the last week of training for some of our swimmers with participation at our Southwest Ohio YMCA Swim League’s "A" Championship at Trotwood-Madison High School.
- If your swimmer has not achieved an “AA” time standard cut or faster in an individual event and/or member of a relay, your swimmer will be done with practices. Your swimmer's last practice would be Friday March 2nd
- If your swimmer does achieve an “AA” time during the “A” Championship, coaches will add your swimmer and event(s) to the “AA” entries. If you do not want your swimmer to participate in the “AA” Championship, you must inform Coach Mickey by 6pm on Sunday, March 4th.
- Coaches will inform swimmer/parents if they are selected for a relay for our “AA” Championship in order to confirm that your swimmer will be willing to participate no later than evening of Monday, March 5th .
- For your information:
Coach Jen is contact for 8 & under age group.
Coach Mickey is contact for 9-12 year old age groups.
Coach Chris is contact for 13-14 age group.
Head Coach John is contact for 15-18 age group & Senior Relays
Our Team’s Celebration & Awards Banquet date will be Sunday, April 22nd
More details to come.
Information about Spring/Summer SPY Season, you may contact Head Coach John Bishop. It will begin on Monday, April 23rd.
If you have any questions, please contact the SPY Coaching Staff
Also, please take notice of the practice schedule change starting Monday, March 5th.
We ask all swimmers/families to please follow this new schedule.
SPY PRACTICE TIMES:
Practice Schedule for Week of March 5th (AA Championship)
Practice Schedule for Week of March 12th (ZONE Championship)
MONDAY & WEDNESDAY at the Springfield Family Y
- 4:30-5:30pm = 8 & Unders AA Swimmers Only for 3/5 & 3/7
- 7:15- 9:30pm = 13 & Older AA, Zone, & National Swimmer-First 15 minute is Stretch, Team Talk, & Race planning
MONDAY & WEDNESDAY at *Wittenberg University HPER Center:
250 Bill Edwards Drive, Springfield, Ohio
- 6:45pm-8:15pm = ALL 9-12 year old Swimmers AA & Zones
- 9-12 year olds from all training groups
- any 13 & older who cannot make Y practice at 7:30-9:30pm
- Please do not arrive/drop off any earlier than 6:35pm
- Swimmers should bring swim equipment bags
TUESDAY & THURSDAY at the Springfield Family Y
- 5:30AM-7:00AM Senior, PreNational, & National Groups w/SPY MASTER Group
- 4:30 - 5:30pm = 8 & Under AA Swimmers only for 3/6 & 3/8
- 5:30 - 7:30pm = 9-12's AA Swimmers of Presenior & Advanced Plus Groups-first 15 minutes Stretch/TEAM TALK
- 6:15 - 7:30pm = 9-12's AA Swimmers of Advanced & Development-first 15 minute (NO DRYLAND)
- 7:15- 9:30pm = all 13 & Older Swimmers AA, Zone, & National--first 15 minute is Stretching/Team Talk
FRIDAY at the Springfield Family Y please note practice time change
- 4:30-6:00pm = 13 & up AA, Zone, National Swimmers
- 6:00 - 7:00pm= 12 & Under AA & Zone Swimmers
SATURDAY at the Springfield Family Y
:7:00am-9:00am Practice for Presenior & Senior
- No Development or Advanced Group
- March 10th: No Practice for Anyone
- March 17 & 24: 7:00am-9:00am for National Swimmers