February 26, 2018
2018 IES Short Course Championships Begin This Friday
The psych sheet is in and SWAT is looking good going into the meet! It’s going to be a competitive meet this year and every point counts. Make sure you are resting outside the pool as well as in the pool and be prepared for a fun weekend.
Make sure you bring your:
Racing Suits, Team Caps, Racing Goggles, Team Shirts, Team Warm-ups, Parkas, Towels, Water Bottles, Snacks (Healthy) and extra/spare racing suits, caps, goggles, dry towels, warm clothes, snacks, etc… Be Prepared!
Warm up on Friday @ 12:45pm
Swimmers need to claim their team area on deck early. (Swimmers are expected to sit with the team in the team area during competition)
Parents, we’re stronger (and louder) together, please sit together as a team in the cheering section.
Warm-up Saturday and Sunday
Prelims @ 7:15am
Finals @ TBA
- 10 and Under Swimmers are “Timed Finals” and Compete during the Finals Sessions Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- 11 & Over Swimmers are Prelims/Finals
- This is a Prelims/Finals Championship Meet. All swimmers are expected to attend finals warm-up and cheer on the team regardless of whether they qualified individually. This is for several reasons: We are driving to Moscow, ID for a swim meet, not to go to a movie or go shopping. The experience gained from attending and watching finals cannot be reproduced or “made up”. Both the swimmers and parents learn from the experience. Swimmers that attend finals are more likely to qualify in the future because they understand the expectations and what it means to be competitive at that level. Lastly, imagine your child qualifies for finals and no teammates show up to cheer. Good teams show up to finals to stand together as a team.
- Memorial Gym is not available on Friday March 2 and swimmers may set up on the pool deck but must remove all items by the end of competition on Friday. Saturday March 3 and Sunday March 4, there will be no coolers, chairs, spread blankets, etc. allowed on the pool deck or in the hallways in the swim center or Memorial Gym hallways. The big gym in Memorial gym adjacent to the Swim Center will be available to set up those items. It will also be the location of concessions, swimsuit apparel, t-shirts and hospitality.
- There is a combined Practice at Whitworth this Wednesday from 5:30-7:30pm for all Champs Qualifiers. We will be practicing our meet warm-ups, pre-race routines, team cheers, and fine tuning skills.
More info to follow
Get Ready to Race!