March 1, 2018
And the Championship season begins! Good luck to all our swimmers competing at Regional Championships this weekend!
Reminder about work assignments for this weekend:
Championship Meet Work Requirements Process
- Championship meets are defined as CT Regional Championships, CT Age Group Championships, and CT Senior Championships.
- If possible, approximately one week ahead of a championship Meet, the Away Meet Job Assignor will create a sign-up requesting meet attendees to post their preference for a particular day/sessions. THIS WILL NOT INCLUDE ASSIGNMENTS FOR FAMILIES WITH SWIMMERS MAKING FINALS
- Wahoo assignments will be made based on the entries provided by Wahoo coaches, the psych sheet provided by CT Swimming, the jobs given to us by the championship meet host, and the preferences made by parents on the sign-up noted above.
- Based on the psych sheet, the Away Meet Job Assignor may create a sign-up for FINALS job assignment preferences.
- Finals Job assignments will be made based on the expected Finals timing assignments made by the host team and any preferences if given.
- Families who have not provided their preferences will be assigned based on swimmer entry. Any issues with their assignment will have to be handled independently by that family. • Families with parents who will be officiating and/or working a trained position at a championship meet must inform the Away Meet Job Assignor that they are doing so in order not to be given an additional job over that weekend.
- If swimmer participation in the championship meet has changed during the entry period, the family must inform the Job Assignor so that they are not given a job assignment when their swimmer is not participating.
- Minimum Work Requirements: (shifts will be split if possible) Swimmers participating in 1 event only or relay only No specific requirement, however any participation is welcome Swimmers participating in one or more sessions At least one session for the weekend Finals Families with swimmers participating in finals will need to work a minimum of one finals session.
- Penalties will only be assessed to families who do not work their assigned shift.
- Each time a family does not show up to perform their required championship meet work obligation they will be fined $200.
- If there are outstanding Away Meet Work penalty amounts prior to the championship season the swimmer will not be allowed to participate.
- If there are any outstanding Away Meet Work penalty amounts at the end of the short course season and until all penalties have been paid, all swimmers in the family will not be allowed to begin practice and participate in the long course season.
- If there are any outstanding Away Meet Work penalty amounts at the end of the long course season (for short or long course) and until all penalties have been paid, the swimmer will not be allowed to register for the next short course season.
United Way form is now posted on the fundraising page for the families that have asked for it.
Save the Dates:
- Annual Banquet Tuesday, April 24th
- Senior Brunch Saturday, April 28th