March 12, 2018
the #1VolunTeam Campaign?
Giving both time and energy, volunteers are the team behind the team. Swimming has the best volunteers, and USA Swimming wants to show its appreciation to these volunteers in an otherwise thankless job. The concept of #1VolunTeam is to highlight volunteers through a month-long campaign in March. Athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers are encouraged to participate.
How can YOU celebrate the volunteers in your
The success of #1VolunTeam is dependent on teams celebrating the volunteers from their area across the U.S. Here are a few ways you can participate in the campaign:
• Let your members know by posting to your website. Here is some sample copy: Help us celebrate our amazing volunteers throughout the month of March with USA Swimming’s #1VolunTeam campaign! Share your appreciation for swimming volunteers by posting to social media using #1VolunTeam, recognizing volunteers at swim meets, award deserving volunteers with certificates or simply shaking the hands of a volunteer. Thank you for your support!
• Send in pictures of volunteer stories to USA Swimming:
o Contact Kara Raney, USA
Swimming’s Manager of Social Media.
o Email: email@example.com.
• Social media: o Use the hashtag #1VolunTeam to share why your volunteers are special to your team or LSC.
o Get creative: Think of how you can
get the athletes involved and share their thanks for the
volunteers. Bring gifts, celebrate a volunteer of the day etc.
o Hand out the certificates to deserving volunteers at a meet of practice.
o Here are a few social copy examples for you to use or edit:
▪ Thankful for our team behind
the team. Thank you, volunteers! #1VolunTeam (ADD PHOTO)
▪ We are so thankful for the volunteers in our area! Show your appreciation by thanking a volunteer this month! (ADD PHOTO)
▪ We couldn’t function without the help of our incredible volunteers. Thank you for all you do. #1VolunTeam (ADD PHOTO)
▪ They volunteer so you can swim. Show your love for the volunteers who make swimming possible! #1VolunTeam (ADD PHOTO)
o Recognize volunteers at meets with the certificates:
▪ Coach Volunteer Champion
▪ Governance Guru
▪ Rookie of the Year
▪ Safety Samurai
*USA Swimming will recognize these ALL these volunteers on usaswimming.org in a digital article highlighting the social posts with the certificates.
o Nominate a volunteer of the day to
recognize at the meet for their hard work
o Have swimmers sign a card or poster that thanks volunteers